Sponsored by:

Broken Top Pls Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 11:29 AM
SteveIH
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Broken Top Pls Help

Yesterday, facing an ensuing thunderstorm, my cab top froze halfway up! Motor was still whining, just wouldnt move. I pulled out my trusty manual, and loosened the bolts they suggested, and was able to pull it off manually. Luckily, the closure mechanism kicked in when the top hit the windshield so i didnt have to do that piece manually. Questions are these... I'm headed to the beachouse today for the weekend, is there any reason to not continue putting it up and down manually for a few days? Will that cause any damage? Anyone have any ideas on how deep my problem might be? I will get it to service next week when I return, just curious if anyone had any thoughts on what I could do now, and if I'll hurt by using it manually. Thanks in advance.
S
Old 06-27-2002, 01:09 PM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Steve,

I worked with my top before and sort of know how it works. It's funny I noticed many cab owners posted their questions, had some replies and then never updated their problem. I couldn't tell if my info was correct or not so i am a little hestitated to post . I'll tell you what i think anyway. Since your motors still make noise, i think one of your gears may have slipped off. If you'd already disengaged the arms from the transmission, it's ok to use it manualy. I used to rais and close my top with my hands for awhile before I had fixed my top.

Good luck.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:39 PM
SteveIH
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks... hopefully its not too serious. I made it to the beach... and will be working with it manually for a while... will get it diagnosed next week. If anyone else has some input as to a simple fix, I'd love to hear it.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Broken Top Pls Help