Sponsored by:

Source for floor insulation materials?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 02:23 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
Post Source for floor insulation materials?

In my rear foot wells the floor "underlay" underneath the floor mats is getting broken up...could be the two kids I have! Anyways can this material be sourced from somewhere? I have found the brittle rubber backing breaks too easily. Amazing on the cheap materials Porsche puts into these cars.....

Thanks!

Mike
Old 12-24-2002, 07:23 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine got plenty soggy during a big storm last year; I bought replacements from the dealer. While I don't remember the price tag, I will say it seemed low enough not to make shopping around worth the trouble.
Old 12-24-2002, 08:59 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
Maybe the question is : Should these be wet after several bouts of rain? Mine are pretty soaked. I checked the underlay around the back seats...no moisture so the back window is not leaking. The targa top is not leaking from what I can tell. I have two kids who could have brought the water in since they sit in the back but I doubt if they brought that much in. However, there are two drain plugs in the floor that may be leaking...who knows?
Old 12-24-2002, 09:23 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mike, do an archive search on 'water leak' -- I definitely had a couple of difference sources, and you'll find all the info I've got in the archives.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:44 PM
A.J. - 95 993
Racer

Mine got soaked with milk in an accident, then infested with tiny bugs. Passenger side front and rear seat footwells. I bought new padding from Gert. It doesn't seem like it was much more than $100. I tried to get all new carpeting, but they would only authorize removing and cleaning the carpeting.

Quick Reply: Source for floor insulation materials?