Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P-Car Re-Seller

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 09:00 PM
MikeO
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am the person that had the horrible buying experience with Premier Cars a few years ago. They sold me a Speed Yellow '98 C2S that had 3 bent wheels and extensive previous suspension damage. When I confronted them with this, they didn't want to do anything about it. In fact, they told me they wouldn't take the car back (even though I only had owned it a few days), and if I wanted anything out of them, I'd have to sue them.

I would not buy another car from Premier Cars again even if they came to Nashville and picked me up in a Lear Jet to fly me to Springfield to buy a car that they were selling at back of wholesale.

Mike
'02 Thunderbird
'00 Audi A6 4.2
'99 BMW 323i
'99 Porsche 996 Coupe (with factory Aerokit)
'93 Miata autocross car
'91 NSX
'87 Porsche 911 Turbo Look Cab
Old 03-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Agro1
Banned

Mike - Sorry to hear about that. The world is full of A-holes and bad things happen to good people, it's really a shame. I know a couple guys in south Springfield who can do amazing things with a set of kneecaps

I've already had some pretty extensive discussions with Dave Maynard at European Locators and he seems to be a great source and a very honest guy, so thank you all who referred him.

I'll keep you guys posted on my search, Dave may have something lined up for next week. Thanks again guys for all the info.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:21 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

MikeO.......just curious, did you NOT do a PPI before you bought the car from Premier? If you did I'm surprised that three bent wheels didn't show up in the inspection.
Like I said, just curious.....I'm not here to defend Premier or anybody for that matter!
Old 03-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It did take me a year, but I found my dream car via the Autotrader online classifieds - located at a small-time exotic car dealer in Houston. It was being sold on consignment for one of their clients. Unmolested TT with 6,000 miles, full documentation, and Turbo S chestnut brown interior. Maybe, I just got lucky, but autotrader might be worth a look.

At the time, I did not know about Dave Maynard; he sounds like a good resource.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:03 PM
JoeW
Pro

I'm not usually on this board, but I'd like to add another set of kudos for Dave Maynard (www.europeanlocators.com). In my case he didn't use the auctions but found a '93 RS America for me from a PCA member who had a GT3 on order. No affiliation, etc., but know he handled negotiations with some real sensitivity ... and success! Best in your search. Joe W.

Quick Reply: P-Car Re-Seller