Old 08-20-2020, 10:36 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,573 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Hi rk-d,

May I ask:
How many miles on the car?
What symptom or performance issue is prompting you to replace these suspension components?

Any joint can be checked for play before its replacement.
If the grease boots look dried out they can be replaced for a few dollars with silicone boots that will last the life of the car. Summit Racing carries an extensive line of sizes for this.
Andy
Old 08-20-2020, 12:59 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,515 Likes on 2,830 Posts

Originally Posted by pp000830
Hi rk-d,

May I ask:
How many miles on the car?
What symptom or performance issue is prompting you to replace these suspension components?

Any joint can be checked for playoff before its replacement.
If the grease boots look dried out they can be replaced for a few dollars with silicone boots that will last the life of the car. Summit Racing carries an extensive line of sizes for this.
Andy
~48k miles

I have a slight shimmy on the front end that needs front bushing replacement. Sway bars are a performance choice - I'd like to dial out some of the intrinsic C4s understeer -- which is milder now with my wheels and alignment.

I'm sure I could do targeted bushing replacement but that's not as much fun - plus I could see one thing leading to another on that front. I just wanted to upgrade the suspension components to RS. It's a hobby.

Last edited by rk-d; 08-20-2020 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:24 PM
craina
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

You might want to re consider the RL subframe bushings. They redesigned the bushings recently and they the same dimensions as the stock rubber. Since you are going RS everywhere else you will want a subframe bushing that raises the subframe into the chassis, effectively lowering the rear of car. I believe Elephant makes a kit.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:40 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,515 Likes on 2,830 Posts

Originally Posted by craina
You might want to re consider the RL subframe bushings. They redesigned the bushings recently and they the same dimensions as the stock rubber. Since you are going RS everywhere else you will want a subframe bushing that raises the subframe into the chassis, effectively lowering the rear of car. I believe Elephant makes a kit.
Thanks for the heads up.

Quick Reply: New control arms or just bushings.