PSS-9 Warranty...is there one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 02:49 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
Post PSS-9 Warranty...is there one?

While pricing out PSS-9's from a few sources (yes, I have been talking to Gert), I got the following response from one of the people at shox.com. I have bought a few sets of shocks for my older 911s from them (pre-Gert) and they have been good to deal with. Anyways, he said:

"Bilstein considers the pss9 on the 911 a motorsports only application and that means no warranty, according to bilstein. good in stock and available as of my last conversation with them last week...chris"

This came as a suprise since I understood that they have at least a year warranty..have they changed their policy?

I may have to wait until the Euro and US currencies settle down. The Euro is very strong in the worldwide currency market, and its making the prices higher than those sourced in the US. This has not happened in a long time..the Canadian dollar is climbing as compared to the US, so if I order US goods for my 993 they are getting cheaper than those in Euros. Maybe Gert can start pricing in US dollars ;-)
Old 01-30-2003, 09:55 AM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts
Mike,
My understanding is the PSS9's come with a lifetime warranty here in the States. I can check my paperwork. Give Steve W. at Rennsport Systems a call. He can give you proper information and a good deal on the shocks.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:08 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like a lifetime warranty to me. Here's a few key lines from the warranty card:

"Krupp Bilstein of America warrants this Bilstein shock absorber...against defects in workmanship and materials, for as long as the original purchaser owns the shock absorber. Bilstein will replace with a new or reconditioned (unit)any Bilstein shock absorber determined to be defective."

Warranty does not cover damage to shock from improper or negligent installation, racing, competition, off road use, damage or wear from installation or use on modified vehicles, etc. Labor charges are not covered by the warranty.

MC
Old 01-30-2003, 03:09 PM
KC993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought mine through Gert and had 1 of rear replaced under warranty through Gert.
I would think they have lifetime warranty....
Maybe Gert can clear this up for you.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:37 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
You do not get the manufacturer's limited US lifetime warranty if you purchase them through Gert. You get a one year (as far as I know) warranty through Gert and his business. Which from most experiences on this board has been a replacement, no questions, asked warranty.

However, if you purchase the shocks through a US delear such as our own Steve W. at Rennsport then you get the manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty against defects in workmanship and materials.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:27 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Hi Mike:

Brian (bet) is correct,.......USA-sourced Bilstein shocks including the PSS-9's carry the US limited lifetime warranty to the orginal purchaser. Offshore-sourced shocks do not carry this same thing.

As long as they are not damaged from improper installation or physical damage from an accident, Bilstein USA is very good about taking care of their customers. Warranty claims are handled by the vendor.

Quick Reply: PSS-9 Warranty...is there one?