Convertible drivers door rubber seal

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 09:17 PM
Boxster-pte
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Convertible drivers door rubber seal

Hi all,

I have a noise coming from my drivers door when I go over heavy bumps, it seems like it’s coming from the door lock area. If I press the door by the lock when I’m parked from outside, I can sort of hear the noise. I adjusted the lock striker plate with the 8mm triple square socket and that has remedied some of the noise. I still see some movement against the inner door seal, which is looking a little tired in places and doesn’t have much ‘spring’ in it.

i tried the parts catalog and I think you can only buy the whole rubber from each B pillar all the way over the windshield. Part number 993 504 095 01. This piece of rubber is $500+

I wondered whether anyone else had a solution to put another piece in, perhaps a different part no, or a seal from a 964?

help appreciated!

Old 05-31-2020, 10:19 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,576 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Hi Boxster-PTE,
You may be able to buy the seal made for an '80s and earlier 911 coupe for a lot less and cut a doner section out of it to replace the compressed section.
Door Seal
Also if the bushings in the hinges are worn the door can have greater movement and may be contributing to the noise you hear.
Andy
Old 05-31-2020, 12:21 PM
Boxster-pte
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Andy. I just went out for a ride again today and it is much better with the door adjustment. I’m going to look for a another piece of rubber for the door.

as for the hinge bolts. I don’t get any movement up/down if I try to move the door when open, so I think everything is okay there.

cheers!

Last edited by Boxster-pte; 05-31-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Convertible drivers door rubber seal