Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jack Stand Recall -Harbor Freight

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 12:24 AM
71-3.0-911
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 511 Posts

Been posted to rennlist before. I'll drop it here.
Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2020, 06:39 PM
burgermeister
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey, at least there is a recall.

Can anyone post a picture of exactly what the problem parts look like?

I would not be surprised if the same factory sold the same jackstands in a different color to any number of "brands" that then sell them to customers. And those folks are not going to see a recall notice. I might be one of them - I have some no-brand jackstands bought at the FLAPS... they sure look a lot like the HF parts, but they are not HF.

As far as slamming HF tools - it seems frequently one finds things that look suspiciously exactly like the HF item, but for thrice the price, being sold by "better" brands. Not Snap-On or S-K, but perhaps Summit or Jegs or whatnot ...
Old 06-01-2020, 08:31 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

We have a HF store that just opened last year. In my small town it was well received.

I’ve purchased a few things there including a cordless bench blower that my friend spent more money on (exactly the same item) because it was a Milwaukee brand.

It’s easy for people to slam their products and those that shop there - but not everyone can afford the Snap On ish experience.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:41 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts

In my garage, jack stands are on a par with the helmets I buy. That old addage "If you have a $25 head, then, by all mean, buy a $25 helmet". I refuse to get under a vehicle with anything but the best jack stands I can afford.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by mike cap
We have a HF store that just opened last year. In my small town it was well received.

I’ve purchased a few things there including a cordless bench blower that my friend spent more money on (exactly the same item) because it was a Milwaukee brand.

It’s easy for people to slam their products and those that shop there - but not everyone can afford the Snap On ish experience.
I agree in part and disagree in part. Build the item to ensure safety, irrespective of cost.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:55 PM
gavonder
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
In my garage, jack stands are on a par with the helmets I buy. That old addage "If you have a $25 head, then, by all mean, buy a $25 helmet". I refuse to get under a vehicle with anything but the best jack stands I can afford.
That's an interesting comment, because these HF stands may be the best that someone can afford. That doesn't make them safe, obviously.

I think I have 3 sets of jack stands - from cheap "some name" to some Eskos. I get nervous under a car no mater what stands are holding it up. Even more nervous with the Eskos - they go so high! You just never know.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:22 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts

"That's an interesting comment, because these HF stands may be the best that someone can afford. That doesn't make them safe, obviously."
I'm not my brother's keeper. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I see supposedly educated people at the track working under their vehicles that are supported by nothing more than a floor jack. All I can do is call out their stupidity.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:53 AM
jrmdir
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

I have a recalled pair - going to take them in today and see how it goes getting the store credit. I see that the same styles are still for sale https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-...nds-38846.html but different SKU/lot numbers than those recalled (hopefully). However, they're now shown as "Clearance items" and they have another 3T stand - in red - that appears to be more current. Not that I care.

Ron

Quick Reply: Jack Stand Recall -Harbor Freight