Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

the rpm level bounces

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 04:07 PM
Singh K
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if there is heavy traffic.. are there chances of the car to get heated fast..cause i felt the fluctuations since the car was idle for pretty long ?..

i just keeep on asking questions
Old 01-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Singh K:
<strong>FF:

Both sides.. A/C fan ????..hmm or do u mean one of em is the Oil cooling fan..i also noticed since my tire change.. the right side is cutting through the rubber protectors.. that means.. i do need tire alignment in the front ..</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Ah, my screw up. Right side is oil cooler fan, left side is a/c.

As Edward said,

Normal symptoms for both (car & driver)...
Old 01-28-2003, 06:20 PM
tom_993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Singh K:
<strong>...but does this unstable idle cause any difference in the performance ?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">It shouldn't. It just makes for a smoother idle.

Tom
'95 993
Old 01-28-2003, 06:57 PM
Singh K
Advanced

well this post may end..

i just took my car for a test drive and i noticed the temp quite between low and warmed up..the faster i go..the lower the temp drops..
and the more the power i feel..

i think my OPC did a good job... earlier on the third gear..my car would auto change gears (tip) at 5500 rpm now it changed at 7500 rpm..more power..
Old 01-28-2003, 11:23 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

<strong>...now it changed at 7500 rpm..more power..</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">7500 rpm?!

Are you sure? Rev limiter should cut it it 6800 rpm...
Old 01-29-2003, 04:09 AM
Singh K
Advanced

FF ..yeah thats wht im shocked about.. i went over the mark of 7000 and then the gear changed..

is that good or bad ??
Old 01-29-2003, 05:12 AM
Jack Ennuste
Burning Brakes

<strong>Jack:

that pic is of The Jumeirah beach hotel.. thats where i normally party i.e Apartments (its a club)... once wasted i get a ride home instead of driving the 993 back..</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Singh, this was not Jumeirah beach hotel. If You live in Dubai, You should know that.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:22 AM
Singh K
Advanced

Jack:

Burj Al Arab and Jumeirah beach hotel have the same type of enterance..hard to know.. both have the same owners.. Sheikh Mohammed..
Old 01-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

<strong>FF ..yeah thats wht im shocked about.. i went over the mark of 7000 and then the gear changed..

is that good or bad ??</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Well, if you have some engine work done (mechanical lifters etc.) it's propably not bad (I'd say good!) but if your engine is stock and has hydraulic lifters, it's bad...

Steve W..?
Old 01-29-2003, 01:56 PM
tom_993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Flying Finn:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Singh K:
<strong>...now it changed at 7500 rpm..more power..</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">7500 rpm?!

Are you sure? Rev limiter should cut it it 6800 rpm...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">To quote Steve Weiner:

"All of these VDO tachs display a lot of needle bounce and are not that accurate at showing peaks. This is why all race cars use a recording tach such as an Autometer. The needle dynamics are FAR better and they record peak RPM excursions."

Tom
'95 993

Quick Reply: the rpm level bounces