Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone looking for a front protection bar for their 993?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 10:36 PM
YellowC4S
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, all I will say is this. As a newbie here and after having consulted both public and private with several of the other Rennlisters here concerning my first Porsche purchase (take delivery this Friday), AND having paid you through PAYPAL, I had really come to trust the knowledge to be gained in these various forums. This will be a serious dent in how I perceive these forums if in fact, you don't come through as promised.

naive in detroit...
Old 01-29-2003, 10:43 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by DixonC4S:
<strong> I didn't state that they were GERT'S bars.
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Dixon,

Actually, your statement above is incorrect. In an e-mail dated Thursday, January 27, 2003 you wrote, "I bought them from a guy in Belgium I think it was Gert or an affiliate of his."

You did represent these bars to me as being from Gert and have dug your own hole here.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:49 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts
Gert, like Porsche, there is no substitute.

Yellow, come on, you really live in Detroit?? No one lives in Detroit. I fled the city limits 13 years ago. I turned out the lights when I left...
It is tough being a Lions/Wings/Piston fan in the Windy City
Old 01-30-2003, 12:04 AM
YellowC4S
Racer

lol...FWIW, I used to live in Chicago...Austin/North Ave area...
Old 01-30-2003, 12:09 AM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by DixonC4S:
<strong>I didn't state that they were GERT'S bars.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Dixon,

I am posting our e-mail exchange to refresh your memory (our words have not been altered in any way):

----- Original Message -----
To: dixonC4S@hotmail.com
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 8:59 PM
Subject: (no subject)

Dixon,

Saw your post on Rennlist. I'm interested in the Front Protection Bar. Is it the one offered by Gert in Belgium?...

--------------------------------------------------
Your reply dated 1/28/02, 3:16 am:

Hi Anir,

...The bar is the bar offered from Gert, but I did a few things to improve upon it...

--------------------------------------------------

You clearly misrepresented yourself.

Listen, if you are trying to sell Gert FPB knock-offs, be straight about it. Don't insult our collective intelligence with these B.S. stories about having a few extra bars lying around that I thought it would be cool to polish and oh yeah how about some steel end caps, and oh wait, my mechanic just came across 15 more...how about that? What a crock.
Old 01-30-2003, 01:31 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
On Monday, I sent Paypal funds to Dixon, and was concerned when I didn't get the tracking number on Tuesday, as he promised. I panicked a little when I didn't get email to my request for that tracking number. He has since sent me a tracking number which I will be able to look at tomorrow when the packaged gets scanned. In the meantime, he has sent me several emails, and seems to be working very hard to make this right. I never assumed that the bars were one brand or another... as long as it fits properly, I'm OK.

Why don't we give Dixon the benefit of the doubt for a few days, and see how this all plays out. I'm willing to be patient, and I have money on the line.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:57 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 282 Posts
I recently did business, cautiously with Patrick Tien in Ontario. He sold a lot of parts using Rennlist classifieds. Although the items had some wear that Mr. Tien (who says Pierre is his cousin) did not disclose he did deliver as promised after being paid through Paypal.

I don't remember Pierre's offenses, but Patrick appears on the up and up.

I am not stating in any way, however, that Dixon did not misrepresent himself or his goods here. I suspected that right away from the hokey story about 3 friends..
Old 01-30-2003, 10:57 AM
C4S4ME
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess we don't really need more evidence, but the "misstatements" by DixonC4S are almost humorous by now. Compare the following two sentences posted yesterday:

Sentence 1: I am currently in Ontario (HENCE THE IP) for business and visiting my mechanics affilate shop here. I will be returning to NY in 3 weeks.

Sentence 2: Can't anyone else on this board live in Ontario Canada?! I'm sure I'm not the only one.

What makes this so funny, is that the two posts are only 12 minutes apart!

I doubt that Gert has an internationally recognized pattent on his part, so there would be nothing illegal about mimicing it. (ethical considerations though) There are however, a number of legal problems with the misrepresentation. Let me think here . . . fraud, misrepresentation - in regards to the purchaser. Then we have a wrongful use of Gert's name to promote his product. If the product is not in fact Gert's and is weaker, thus not providing as much protection, Gert's reputation could be harmed - thus Gert would have yet another cause of action. I could go on . . .
Old 01-30-2003, 07:56 PM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Anyone get thier tracking numbers yet?
Old 01-30-2003, 08:12 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There was one more thing that has not brought up yet.

He said he was on business for 3 weeks. How can he get ready to ship the items today (Thursday), from New York? Did he carry all those bars with him on this business trip. I doubt it.

Sonny
ps: I used to know Pierr Tien via the forum. He had/has a 993 cab with a lot of mods. I was wondering what happened to him. Have not seen him on rennlist for a very long time.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:46 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

I want to clear something up here.

I am not Pierre Tien.

Will the real Pierre Tien please stand up?

PS: No offense to anyone who has been or is imminently about to be scammed, but this has got to be one of the most entertaining threads to pass through here in a long time.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:56 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts
No JC, I am Pierre (got a cab and it is very modified) No wait, I am Batman!
Going to war, the economy sucks, the ripoff artists will feed on those looking for a deal.
Entertaining thread, but I feel sorry for anyone who gets taken.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:10 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by poorb0yw:
<strong>Anyone get thier tracking numbers yet?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Hi, Princeton,

Yes, I did receive a tracking number yesterday from our forthright, direct, and ethical seller. Whoo hoo!
Old 01-31-2003, 12:14 AM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Still waiting on mine. Did you get my e-mail Dixon?
Old 01-31-2003, 12:54 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Eric in Chicago:
<strong>Entertaining thread, but I feel sorry for anyone who gets taken.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Thanks for your words, Eric, but there is one other reason I haven't mentioned yet that I am not too worried about this debacle...

Quick Reply: Anyone looking for a front protection bar for their 993?