Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 03:27 AM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MA Shaw ?

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with MA Shaw. I have been trying to contact the company through e-mail about things I'm interested in but they don't seem to respond. I did get pricing on some carbon pieces once but when I asked for the shipping estimate nobody answered. Is it better to call them?

I always see good things written about thier products but this is getting slightly annoying.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2003, 06:20 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Mr. Wong

I know that one of the moderators on the 964 board have dealt with and is very happy with MA Shaw. If you contact him directly I am sure he will be happy to give some help.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:00 PM
J-McDonald
Pro

I bought the wing on my car from MA Shaw. I called and spoke directly with Mike Shaw, gave him my credit card number, received an invoice by fax, and the wing arrived promptly, as planned.

I got the sense that Mike isn't a very computer-savvy guy. I would strongly suggest calling him -he's a very friendly guy.

[no affiliation with MA Shaw]
Old 01-27-2003, 12:15 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
MA Shaw has a great reputation for quality and service. e-commerce may not be their forte.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:50 PM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Alright, I guess I'll give them a call after I'm all healed up from having my wisdom teeth removed.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:50 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm actually now in the middle of my first purchase from MA Shaw - awaiting delivery. I emailed them twice & rec'd prompt responses to each inquiry. I then called to place my order & ended up having a nice smooze w/Mike about Porsches, kids, etc. Very friendly guy who seems to know his P car stuff. Give him a call. No affiliation, yada, yada ...

PS If my order doesn't get filled right, I'll come back & edit out all the nice things
Old 01-27-2003, 03:00 PM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

MA Shaw's parts are good quality. I had carbon Supercup parts on my '95 car and was pleased.

I can't help you with the e-commerce side, but not all race shops are as tech savvy as some.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:03 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

I have bought a few items from MA Shaw in the past. Great products and quality. Just spoke to him on Friday about a Turbo S spoiler. He knows his stuff on Porsches. And he is just a good guy to talk to. Definitely give him a call. You will be glad you did as you may find out some things you didn't even know about your project.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:57 PM
geortarga
Advanced

Mike shaw is great to deal with and chat especially.Ordered two different rear spoilers from him and had them delivered to Greece! They were both delivered on time and packed well. Verry good prices as well.
I suggest, just like everyone else mentioned, to call him directly you willnot regret it.If you do tell him hello from Greece.
Old 01-27-2003, 05:13 PM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My rear wing and Turbo S front splitter came from Mike Shaw. Good quality, plus he sold me the factory parts I needed (Inner and outer rear louvers/grilles) cheaper that I could get them elsewhere.

I never had trouble reaching him on the phone.
Old 01-27-2003, 05:32 PM
smithk993
Racer

Also looking at MA Shaw for aftermarket wing. Have heard in number of previous posts that plan on $400-$700 for prep work on aftermarket wing to sand, fit and finish prior to painting over what would be required for OEM.

Any feedback on experience with the MA Shaw parts?
Old 01-27-2003, 10:07 PM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

Ditto the positives on the MA Shaw pieces. I did a RS rear wing with great results.

As far as Keith's prep question about prep. I found the wing to fit really well. I did about the same amount of prep on the piece as I would any cast piece, OEM or otherwise. I local shop finsihed my wing in the Glasruit 22 line product ( single stage, solid...Guards Red) for a little over $300 complete. The shop primed, surfaced, blocked, color (twice color sanded betweened) and buffed out for the $300. Labor time + matl's seemed more than fair for the work. Hope it helps.

Regards
Old 01-27-2003, 10:34 PM
smithk993
Racer

Jim,

thanks for the feedback, that sounds like a very manageable price for prep, paint and installation. That's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for.

Keith

Quick Reply: MA Shaw ?