Sponsored by:

New trailer arrived today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 09:44 PM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New trailer arrived today!

Please excuse the rambling but I need to tell someone!

Well, it finally arrived today! I ordered it in December. Not that long but when you are ready to go racing it seems like a very long time.

It is an Aluminum Trailer Company 20 footer with a V-nose. Very light weight and pulls very smoothly at speed. It has wiring for 110, sub floor winch and spare trailer tire. Now I need to set up a tire rack and tie down the compressor, jack and various other items.

I'll post some pics when I stop messing around with it.

Can't wait to load her up and going racing!
\
Old 01-27-2003, 03:27 PM
Craig in Texas
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey, Kary, congrats on the new trailer. I had a flat bed made last year. Now that I've done it I wished I'd saved more for an enclosed version. What did you pay, if you don't mind me asking, and where did you get it?
Old 01-27-2003, 05:55 PM
kary993
Drifting

Thanks guys!

I bought it from <a href="http://aluminumtrailer.com" target="_blank">ATC</a> . I needed an aluminum trailer since I live very close to the coast. Other trailers I saw here rusted something fierce underneath.

The trailer is 20 feet with 4 foot v-nose enclosed. I had a few nice options added that I wanted, V-nose (4 feet), sub-floor winch/battery, sub-floor spare trailer tire, 30amp breaker with florescent lights, four 110 outlets, battery powered dome lights when 110 is not available, additional ramps on rear door (6 feet extensions) for loading low profile cars, flooring (bare walls though), and rear built in loading stands.

I am very please so far with the product. All that is about 11K however. But I was also looking for a an enclosed trailer that is lighter than most which ended up being so I am happy.

Kim, you are right about buddies wanting to tow tires, but heck, that is what it is for. I am glad I have that problem!
Old 01-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts
Kary,
What was the final weight with all the goodies??
Old 01-27-2003, 06:50 PM
kary993
Drifting

Eric,

That is strange, when I spell checked the earlier post it seemed to remove the part about weight I had written.

Anyway, the weight is approximately #2600 to #2700. I have not officially weighted it yet. But this should be close given the trailer size and options.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:33 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Kary,

well done. I ordered an ATC also, a 22 without the vnose but fully insulated, walk on roof, interior ladder, infloor winch, 8' tire rack, ....

Could you give me details of where you placed your outlets? or suggestions anyway. So far I have the stock 2 outlets.

Thanks much, Juan
Old 01-28-2003, 04:26 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Guys, stop this!

Just make me want one...

Juan,

Your 'stable' sounds great!
Old 01-28-2003, 07:14 PM
kary993
Drifting

Juan,

I placed two outlets (2 plugs each outlet) near the doors. One outlet by the 4 foot curb side door and one near the rear main door. My rationale was that there was an outlet at each end of the trailer and was accessible from the outside due to their proximity to the doors. My breaker box (30amp) is located up in the nose where there is a slot to slide the 25 foot plug through floor to plug in outside. I also added two florescent lights which I oriented down the center of the roof rather than across the width. My rationale there was I wanted to light up the entire length of the trailer and I wanted to avoid hitting my head some much (6'-3"). I also added an additional roof vent. One toward the front and one more toward the rear. I have already noticed that it helps in ventilation on a hot day versus just having 1 open.
Hope this help
Old 01-29-2003, 12:21 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kary,

Thanks much. I'll contact Jeff to get the additional outlets. I also ordered the extra vent, 110 lighting. I skipped the cabinets due to pricing but I ordered 3 rows of etrack on the front wall (still don't know what for!), 2 additional drings, a pitpal door cabinet, aluminum wheels, awning and a lot of other stuff.

QUESTION: did you get ramp extensions on it? My car is pretty low (approx 4") and they think that I'll need the extensions to be able to clear the nose. I'm concerned that I'll need at least 25 feet behind the trailer to be able to load the car (6'for door 6' for extensions 13' for 911).

I calculated that the angle on the ramps cannot exceed 21.9 degrees or I'll scrape the nose.

Any suggestions?

Flyin Finn, thanks for the comment. I love them, just visited the TVR factory last week to see about importing a Tuscan S. Have photos to post just don't know how.

Juan
Old 01-29-2003, 12:36 AM
kary993
Drifting

Juan,

I forgot to mention I did get 4 extra D-rings. Lined them up in the rear and front so I could tie down from the tie down under the car or on the outside for tie downs on race wheels (hopefully one day!).

I also have 6 ft ramp extensions. I have not had a chance to load the car yet but from visual inspection I think it will work out. I too only have 4 inches of clearance but the real key is the over hang from the center of the front wheel. ATC took my measurements and said that it would be close. And yes it is a long way once you open the door and flip the extensions out, not counting the car!
Old 01-29-2003, 12:48 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Race wheels, sounds like a plan. Been there done that.....

Thanks much again, Juan

Quick Reply: New trailer arrived today!