Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a lilttle confused about some of the fabspeed animosity?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004 | 03:07 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

Default a lilttle confused about some of the fabspeed animosity?

I have been reading some of the posts regarding fabspeed and many havn't been positive. This was the main reason I held off on buying Maxflows. Well, I have to tell you I purchased and installed them (along with the Fabspeed tips). They look and sound awesome!!!!!! I LOVE THE SOUND. Not too lound, just throaty (ok not a real word but you know what I mean). No reverbaration to speak of (though I have heard that can happen when the cat bypass pipes are installed). I will posts pictures after I add my wheels (18" 3 piece Forgelines). As I am a relative newbie, maybe someone can inform me of the past Fabspeed issues. BTW, I obviously have no affiliation, blah, blah, blah and all that good stuff.
Old 03-04-2004 | 03:30 PM
ksjcorpus
Instructor

i think he signed on incognito and dissed (a perfectly good word) robin sun's rsr and said they would start fires and on and on. but i too bought the maxflow and like them a lot ....... although i think i would maybe like the supercups more.
Old 03-04-2004 | 03:38 PM
PorscheDavid
Racer

Fabspeed's marketing strategy is to trash everyone else's product...sort of an odd practice given that they make nice products that can stand on their own. They (Joe) does this on the website, in person and now on this forum.

Joe...from all of us...you sell great stuff...we're smart, educated consumers...you don't need to trash the competition to steer us in your direction. There is something out there for everyone and enough consumers that everyone gets a piece of the Porsche Pie...

Mmmmm...."Porsche Pie" ....my favorite....
Old 03-04-2004 | 03:42 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

I didn't know that he did that. I always hear great things about Robin and his Mufflers (I'm actually considering donating mine to the cause - they had 27k miles on them - so he can work his magic on them and maybe raffle them off to Rennlister with the proceeds going to a worthy charity - Robin if you are reading this - any possible reaction?
Old 03-04-2004 | 06:09 PM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Try and get a full refund, even on items you were talked into with the proviso that they could be returned...

Cavet Emptor
Old 03-04-2004 | 06:25 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

refund? Could you pm me with your experience? Sounds like I need to know a bit more.
Old 03-04-2004 | 11:58 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally posted by akolodesh
I didn't know that he did that. I always hear great things about Robin
I think you misunderstood...Robin was the dissee, not the disser
Old 03-05-2004 | 12:25 AM
kary993
Drifting

I am going to have a set of maxflo mufflers available from my car next week for those that are interested in a used set.
Old 03-05-2004 | 12:36 AM
Rob993
Rennlist Member

Kary, sent you a PM.

Rob

Quick Reply: a lilttle confused about some of the fabspeed animosity?