Sponsored by:

Tiptronic Fluid Change Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 07:31 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I won't see the parts until around 3/19/04 so I'll update here on my results (how it was done) when it is all said and done!

I won't be able to answer any questions on 'how I plan on doing it' or 'How did I do it' until I actually see the car in the air to get off the covers (and have the parts in hand), etc. Right now my car is still in storage so I haven't even put it back on insurance YET!

At this point, I haven't heard anything else from anyone regarding positive or negative feedback on synthetic vs. conventional Dexron III so my plan is to use readily available Dextron III.

I need my car to be done/ready before 5/8/04 Road America Driver's Ed (Or possibly before 4/11/04 Gingerman Track day) so I'll be sure to post back results as soon as it is all done!
Old 04-19-2004, 02:20 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o.k.

I just thought I'd update for what it's worth.

I ended up doing just the 4 quart change... couldn't figure out how to do or if a full DIY full flush is even possible..

Part of the reason I oped to just do it this way with the filter change is because the fluid looked to be in a-1 condition in the first place

Quick Reply: Tiptronic Fluid Change Questions