993 Forum 1995-1998

Cryptic Passwords, Secrecy and the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Bill

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2001, 07:35 PM
Garey Cooper
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cryptic Passwords, Secrecy and the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Bill

Ahem, I've logged into the board for the first time and was given a password that is obtuse beyond all knowing. Like the kind that AOL used to hand out to new users. You know; Hello, this is AOL your new password is beans/flatulence. Only mine doesn't make that much sense. Nor does it have as much protein.

Well, frankly I sort of liked the old board and didn't think it was broken. So at the risk of begging the obvious...why fix it?

Gratuitous Porsche (993) content. I own one.
Old 06-01-2001, 07:48 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Originally posted by Garey Cooper:
<STRONG>Ahem, I've logged into the board for the first time and was given a password that is obtuse beyond all knowing. Like the kind that AOL used to hand out to new users. You know; Hello, this is AOL your new password is beans/flatulence. Only mine doesn't make that much sense. Nor does it have as much protein.</STRONG>
Garey, I am used to it now and am growing to like it. Click on 'my profile' on the top right and click through to change password. Not that hard. I like the way the ones with the most recent responses go to the top.
Old 06-01-2001, 07:50 PM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Question

Gary,

I did not know that flatulence contained protein. There is much I've yet to learn, but hanging out with you guys, I learn a little more each day...
Old 06-05-2001, 10:20 PM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts
I must say I'm hopeful that the signal/noise ratio will improve, although some of the whiz-bang features may be a little much. But I can leave them alone.

BTW, Garey - I worked at AOL for years and never figured out what process generated those password combos. I think we had a guy in the basement who liked perverse word games.

Gratuitous Porsche content: I'm, umm, between 993s. Yeah, that's it.

[ 05-06-2001: Message edited by: ed devinney ]

Quick Reply: Cryptic Passwords, Secrecy and the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Bill