Sponsored by:

Value/comments about this car please...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 11:37 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Post Value/comments about this car please...

1993 Porsche RS America

Done in Indigo blue metalic over black, this RSA has 52,000 easy miles and is well optioned with sunroof, updated AC, an Alpine AM/FM/CD, badge and rear seating delete, and the M030 suspension package. It also has a second set of 8"/9" x 17" Cup wheels with new R1's and is fully equipped for drivers education events with twin Sabelt 5 point harness' and mounted fire extinguisher. It also has a battery tender for winter storage and comes with all service records and manuals. The car is in excellent overall condition, fully serviced and is being offered at $38,000

I know it is a bit OT for the 993 forum but I've been here for a while and trust your opinions.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:36 AM
993RS
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Though it originally sold for $10,000 less than the Carrera 2, the fact that here were only 450 of this car built, for the US and Canada, tends to make it a collectors item. It is more fun to drive than a stock 964. Lots of the 964 RS weight-saving measures were used on the RS America. IMHO this is a good car and worth the money asked.
Old 05-06-2002, 12:05 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Don ... a stablemate for your 996?

Perfect RS America's have been selling solidly at around $40k for years, they don't seem to lose their value at all. However, that's usually for unmodified cars with lower mileage. If you're looking for an occasional track car, it sounds ideal and the price is quite fair. If you just want an RSA, you may find a lower mileage stock example at that price point. The car has the right options, certainly. If it's strong mechanically, ****** it up!

Vic
95 C4
Old 05-06-2002, 01:10 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
$38k for an RSA like you described seems like a good (fair) price. I would inquire how the car got to be Indigo blue, as that was not one of the standard or extra cost option RSA colors. It could have been the origional buyer's special order, or it could have been a repaint. If a repaint, why was repainting necessary? It's also possible that the car is not really an RSA.

If you go to the site Silver Bullet gave above, you can find the distribution of RSA colors for their 154 members. Red, white, and black were standard colors; silver and midnight blue were extra cost options, there are a few special order yellows, one Peru red, and one Turquoise metallic.

If you look at the prices of the cars currently advertized there (n=11) and those already sold (n=14), you'll find the average asking price for those currently for sale is $43.8k (range: 66 to 35.5k) The average asking price for those already sold was $41.8k (range: 55 to 33k). I computed those yesterday. Two considerations regarding price comparisons; first, asking price is likely to be higher than eventual selling price; and second, most of these cars have significant "enhancements." Many are race or track cars.

As indicated above, the RSAs are holding their value well compared to the '93 C2s, which origionally cost up to $10k more new.
Old 05-06-2002, 01:13 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
FWIW:

450 RS America's were produced for '93 and another 144 for '94.
Old 05-06-2002, 01:27 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thank you very much.

My name is Doug, Don lives a few miles away from me and although we met a year or two ago, I have not heard from him since.

I used to own a 1996 C2 Cab and currently have a 2002 M3 inbound. I am considering "coming back home" to another 911 instead and keeping my X5 for the family car.

If anyone knows of a car in the MA area for sale, please drop me an email. I will consider almost anything except for Cabs and Tips.

Thanks again!
Old 05-07-2002, 12:37 AM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
DC,
Why will you not consider a Cab, since you had one?
Old 05-07-2002, 05:27 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think I've had all the unmeasured sun on my face that I can handle.

I've always had a convertible in one form or another and felt like trying something new. I have plans to buy another Jeep and can always pull the top off of that.

Quick Reply: Value/comments about this car please...