Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPC Throttle body linkage question-Skip can you answer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004 | 02:37 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default TPC Throttle body linkage question-Skip can you answer?

Does anyone know if there is an issue with the throttle cable from 96 Varioram based engine being hooked up to a 95 throttle body?

My mechanic says that there is too much of a bend for it to hook up to the 95 throttle body. I haven't seen it yet so I don't have any pics yets.

Did anyone else who installed the SC have issues like this?

BTW, My mechanic says that the kits leaves a lot to be desired in terms of instructions and completeness of the kit.

On another note, he said that my 2nd distributor was shot. Something about the shaft was just dangling there. Another $800

Slippery slope to he!!
Old 02-26-2004 | 02:51 PM
MPB993
Instructor

Sachin,

my 96 varioram cable had to be bent to make it fit the 95 TB when I installed the SC 18 months ago. It took some doing to make it work but it can be done.

Regards, Mark.
Old 02-26-2004 | 03:20 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Did you have to bend the outer sheathing?

Originally posted by Mark.Budgen
Sachin,

my 96 varioram cable had to be bent to make it fit the 95 TB when I installed the SC 18 months ago. It took some doing to make it work but it can be done.

Regards, Mark.
Old 02-26-2004 | 03:31 PM
MPB993
Instructor

I had to bent the metal end nearest the throttle body about 45 degrees and then work on a slightly different mounting bracket to restrain the cable underneath.
Old 02-26-2004 | 04:12 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thx Mark
Old 02-27-2004 | 01:34 AM
dale_loch
Instructor

Sachin,
The bend is normal and can be left alone "as is". There is a throttle cable stop bracket that is shipped with the unit. Place a small rubber hose (airline) over the metal "bent" tube and then tighten the bracket down on top of the rubber hose with a hose clamp. There are detailed instructions in PDF format from TPC's website. The throttle cable runs inside of the metal tube. The throttle cable stop procedure is crutial as it takes out the slack in the line to achieve WOT (Wide Open Throttle). I didn't have to modify the firewall to achieve it. I agree that the instructions are very vague but this is my 2nd personal install. There are two holes
(left or right) to choose from in the firewall to feed your throttle cable through. I chose the one to the left. Here is the link in Adobe.
http://turboperformance.ws/Porsche/S...ual/manual.htm

Dale
Old 02-27-2004 | 11:13 AM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thx Dale.
Old 02-27-2004 | 12:20 PM
Jack Ennuste
Burning Brakes

Default Re: TPC Throttle body linkage question-Skip can you answer?

Originally posted by Sachin Misra
Does anyone know if there is an issue with the throttle cable from 96 Varioram based engine being hooked up to a 95 throttle body?

My mechanic says that there is too much of a bend for it to hook up to the 95 throttle body. I haven't seen it yet so I don't have any pics yets.

Did anyone else who installed the SC have issues like this?

I just can confirm, that there was a problem in mine case also. My mechanic developed some workaround and was really surprised that sutch construction flaw was left in final product.

Quick Reply: TPC Throttle body linkage question-Skip can you answer?