Sponsored by:

Visor Sticker Removal (OT)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 06:31 PM
Martin Reuben
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Visor Sticker Removal (OT)

I just purchased a Jeep Liberty (love it by the way - very very solid, and many creature comforts).

But my question is how to remove those obnoxiously large yellow warning stickers from the felt (at least it feels like felt) covered visors in front of the driver and passenger seats. If I can get them off in one piece (and won't damage the visors in the process) I'll replace them on the backs of the visors.

Martin Reuben
mdreuben@attbi.com
<a href="http://www.reubenphoto.com" target="_blank">www.reubenphoto.com</a>
Old 05-06-2002, 01:19 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 66 Posts
Hey Martin,

Good luck with your Liberty. I would assume if you just got it, you got the updated version with the adjusted center of gravity. If not, be careful. I remember reading in Autoweek that the car 1st year out had a bad roll over rating. Auto week even managed to roll one during a skid pad test.

btw, noticed your from cleveland!! GO BUCKS!
Old 05-07-2002, 07:38 AM
Steve-95 C4 Cab
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, Martin,
I have removed decals using the Goof Off process. I just carefully masked off the edges and applied the GO with a cotton ball. The decal will eventually start to get a bubbly surface and then you can peel the decal away.

I remove the tape and go over the surface with a soapy rag then just water to remove any residue. Finally, apply a vinyl protectant and you're good to go. If you look hard you will probably see a very slight variation in color where the decal was, but IMHO, much better than looking at an ugly decal.

Good luck,
Steve

Quick Reply: Visor Sticker Removal (OT)