Sponsored by:

How does modifying my 993 effect value?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 08:18 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,471 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by Effmer
Thank you all for the thoughtful feedback. I do enjoy the classic looks of my car more than the new 911’s, and the more purposeful feel of the older cars, (newer 911’s seem like they are trying to be all things to all buyers, rather than the focused sports car made for driving). So its off to the tuners shop I go. Given the responses, it sounds like suspension and wheels are a good first stop. Then perhaps exhaust.
One question: several people recommended a light weight flywheel. I understand how this would benefit performance on a track, but it seems like it would make the car less enjoyable to drive on the street. Would appreciate feedback from anyone who has done this mod.
Re: LWFW: here is a little rattle at idle and if you lug the engine. Otherwise it’s not a big deal. I have an exhaust so, frankly, I don’t hear it anyway.

I have a ‘98 and zero issues with stalling. The car is much more eager to rev and heel/toe is way easier. The car pulls stronger out of first gear and it helps out with the hole between 1st and 2nd gear.

I exclusively drive on the road - I would do this mod ten out of ten times. Very happy with the results. The car is a little more rude, a little more raw but definitely more exciting and rewarding to drive.

If you are looking for a gran touring, cruiser solution then this is probably not the mod for you.

Quick Reply: How does modifying my 993 effect value?