Sponsored by:

Atlanta to LA in my new '97 4S

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 04:10 AM
88clbsport
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Post Atlanta to LA in my new '97 4S

Wow...I am still wired (but tired) did the trip from Cumming Ga to Manhattan Beach in 28 hours!

Glad I got that V-1. It picked up a lot on the x and k band, but the Ka and the Laser is where the real benefit was. I picked up a couple "bogeys" while coming into Dallas (I took the 20 the whole way to the 10)parked on the shoulder of the left lane facing traffic and out in the open with the radar guns!

Texas lasted forever, NM and AZ were great. GA, AL and MS were a blur and went by fast. CA was wild...we went through the agricultural checkpoint before Blythe and when we came out the CHP's were all over the place. 3 of them within a 5 mile stretch. I got pulled over, but it wasn't for speeding. A real cool CHP officer stopped me because there was a peice of my spoiler flapping around in back? He talked to me about the car and actually thought it was a turbo at first.

Only 2 negatives with the car.
(1)The immobilizer keeps the car from starting all the time. Maybe I am doing something wrong. After the first gas stop (just outside of Atlanta) I turned the key but nothing...I was freaked. I got out of the car, locked it and walked around. when I got back in it turned over no problem. It wasn't until the next gas stop that I figured it out. If I simply turn the car off and leave the key in while filling up I have to arm the alarm then disarm it in order to start the car. This can't be normal is it? Help, thoughts?
(2) It is too much fun! I didn't want to stop driving once I got home.

The car was surprisingly very comfortable for both me and my brother (and we are not small guys...especially my brother) The litronics, 6 disc player and power seats are all options I didn't care that much about one way or another at first, but after this trip I would never get a car without them. My Club Sport is very raw and i could have never made the trip with it. Even though the C4s A/C needed recharging, it was better than not having one!

I gotta get some sleep...more later if there is interest
Jason
Old 05-05-2002, 09:42 AM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jason,
With the key in the ignition and turned so your cluster light are on, push your immobilizer button and watch for the red light on your door to blink once, then your good to go. Glad you had a safe trip.
Old 05-05-2002, 12:02 PM
Berkley
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you had a safe trip! Would love to hear more of the details after you recover.

Pictures are welcome too....
Old 05-05-2002, 01:36 PM
B-Line home
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Jason,

I am almost definately moving to L.A. at the end of June. I am driving from Miami in the X5 and trailoring the C2S.
It gives me a great sense of relief to have read your post and know that the drive is not soooo bad.
Thanks for all the great info and I look forward to meeting you at some DE's....

Seth

Quick Reply: Atlanta to LA in my new '97 4S