Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wurth Citrus Solvent Degreaser: where can I buy it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 10:38 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,256 Posts

Originally Posted by Paolo1
John Paterek on the PCA website seems to indicate that there is no substitute for the utility Wurth Citrus Solvent Degreaser offers. I am making note of all these great suggestions, but it leads me to wonder why such an authority would be so absolute if there were so many simple substitutes.
I have known John for almost 4 decades and is a good friend. He is very knowledgeable and old school. I agree with his recommendation and he always recommends pouring it into a plastic bottle once opened otherwise it will eat through the seem. He sticks with what he feels does the best job and least aggressive. It doesn't mean there aren't comparable products out there. Depending on what I am dealing with I will use many other products some even unhealthy and quite aggressive. Xylene does a great job at removing all sorts of gunk without damaging the paint although you need to be careful and use in well ventilated room with proper protection. the zep products are nice but watch some of the purple degreasers are acid based.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:17 PM
IHTFP
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Xylene does a great job at removing all sorts of gunk without damaging the paint although you need to be careful and use in well ventilated room with proper protection.
+1

I use 3M organic vapor cartridge filters in my 3M respirator when using Xylene. I can't smell the fumes at all with the respirator on. I haven't found anything better on cosmoline than xylene.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:26 PM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by IHTFP
+1

I use 3M organic vapor cartridge filters in my 3M respirator when using Xylene. I can't smell the fumes at all with the respirator on. I haven't found anything better on cosmoline than xylene.
Is this the kind of respirator that goes all the way over your eyes or can you get this level of protection w/o all that? Thank you
Old 10-21-2019, 04:02 PM
IHTFP
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Paolo1
Is this the kind of respirator that goes all the way over your eyes or can you get this level of protection w/o all that? Thank you
I use the full face model as it protects your eyes from splashes. I’m not sure if eyes need protection from the vapors.

https://www.campingworld.com/3m-larg...yABEgJUb_D_BwE

Quick Reply: Wurth Citrus Solvent Degreaser: where can I buy it?