Sponsored by:

993 turbo GT2 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 05:27 AM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by budge96
ligtened interior with leather Pole Positions as well...
I'll be doing this as well over the winter - is there any documentation (similar to the 964RS one) that documents which brackets etc need to be cutout ? Or is it pretty much the same as the 964RS ?
Old 10-10-2019, 05:38 AM
mav10flight
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@911PERVY
you mean the wheel liner well ? Sorry , maybe a pic will help me , just don’t have the right vocabulary I guess

but if you mean the wheel Iner liner well ( black plastic trim that goes inside the wheel well to protect body from Rocks and projection , they te simply totally removed because they were not wide enough .
a clear coat vinyl similar to the material used on rear turbo fender or front bra protection is used there to protect . I ll try to send some pics if I can

Matt
Old 10-10-2019, 07:28 AM
NXI20
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mav10flight
@911PERVY
you mean the wheel liner well ? Sorry , maybe a pic will help me , just don’t have the right vocabulary I guess

but if you mean the wheel Iner liner well ( black plastic trim that goes inside the wheel well to protect body from Rocks and projection , they te simply totally removed because they were not wide enough .
a clear coat vinyl similar to the material used on rear turbo fender or front bra protection is used there to protect . I ll try to send some pics if I can

Matt
No, he means the thing that connects the suspension, steering, brakes & wheel. I have also built a GT2 from a Turbo base & it's essential to put the RS wheel carriers on if you want the car to drive & handle like a GT2. Take a look at the link below:

https://patrickmotorsports.com/produ...-340-rs-wc-pms

You really don't want to remove the arch liners on a street car. You will destroy the paint on the wings from stones pinging them from the inside. It's not that difficult to saw the original liners lengthwise and insert more material to make them wider.

Tramont in France make very decent copies of the 18" Speedline wheels if you really want to complete the look.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:03 PM
cup997laurent
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

The 993 gt2 plastic wheels arches were made from two 993 arches cut and assembled to the right size .
Old 10-11-2019, 12:16 AM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Talat
I'll be doing this as well over the winter - is there any documentation (similar to the 964RS one) that documents which brackets etc need to be cutout ? Or is it pretty much the same as the 964RS ?
On my '96 TT there was no need to remove any factory floor mounts ..if I understand you question the Poles simply bolt on top of a slider set the attach to
factory mounts , it's pretty straight forward once your stock seat is removed you can see what I mean .
Bert
Old 10-24-2019, 09:23 PM
Group911@aol.com
Racer

Originally Posted by cup997laurent
The 993 gt2 plastic wheels arches were made from two 993 arches cut and assembled to the right size .
Interesting that they molded the arches in on the factory EVO

fenders
Old 10-24-2019, 10:32 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Group911@aol.com
Interesting that they molded the arches in on the factory EVO fenders
I believe Laurent is referring to the black plastic wheel/fender liners.

Andreas
Old 08-15-2020, 08:05 AM
mav10flight
Track Day

Hi everybody :

Sorry for the long time without news on my GT2 project. Last 6 months has been pretty rough with that Virus thing.

My car is almost finished and is driving great with the performance upgrades done by protomotive !

I stioll have some small details to finished , but Damn ! small things are hard to be done !

Still struggling to find somebody able to do the bulkead carpet script with Gt on it ! I tired many companies they all said it was not possible .

the only solutions I have so far is LAKEWELL who's offering to buy a complete RS crpet kit with their optional bulkhead but i have already a full perlon RS carpet professionally installed and they want 1000$ with vat and shipping to the US which i think is a bit steep for only a script !

If you have any clues where can i GET THIS , I'm open to everything !

Have a good day

Matt

Old 08-15-2020, 08:19 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 538 Likes on 292 Posts

Good luck w search. There’s a couple of upholstery companies in so cal that might be able to do it.

911 GT
Old 08-15-2020, 09:08 AM
C4Spolar
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Great looking car!

I am doing a similar GT conversion like yours but more oriented for the track but still streetable.. RU running AWD or RWD like the 993 GT2? Did you replaced the doors and hood for aluminum ones? If so where did you sourced the doors?

Again great looking 993 GT.
Old 08-15-2020, 09:32 AM
Madturk
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts

Well done. Amazing car
Old 08-15-2020, 09:34 AM
mav10flight
Track Day

Hi there !
@C4Spolar
Thanks ! It start to look good but it’s a long work !

yes my car is RWD only , hood is carbon fiber from Gt Racing
doors are original but with RS/GT door panel .

i m thinking about having light door but I won’t track the car and I d Like to keep it streetable

good à luck on your project . If you have any question let me know .
wgen several people are fou g the same project it’s a good thing to exchange sources and techniques

Matt
Old 08-15-2020, 10:05 AM
Group911@aol.com
Racer

Based on your plate, I'm guessing you're in LV. Instead of looking for automotive solutions, you need an embroiderer which is how they were originally. Take a PDF file of the image you want and the piece you want done and they plug it into their machine. Here is a quick search of places that do it in LV. https://www.google.com/search?client...gas+embroidery
Originally Posted by mav10flight
Hi everybody :

Sorry for the long time without news on my GT2 project. Last 6 months has been pretty rough with that Virus thing.

My car is almost finished and is driving great with the performance upgrades done by protomotive !

I stioll have some small details to finished , but Damn ! small things are hard to be done !

Still struggling to find somebody able to do the bulkead carpet script with Gt on it ! I tired many companies they all said it was not possible .

the only solutions I have so far is LAKEWELL who's offering to buy a complete RS crpet kit with their optional bulkhead but i have already a full perlon RS carpet professionally installed and they want 1000$ with vat and shipping to the US which i think is a bit steep for only a script !

If you have any clues where can i GET THIS , I'm open to everything !

Have a good day

Matt

Old 08-15-2020, 10:11 AM
Group911@aol.com
Racer

BTW, for all you guys doing GT2 conversions, here is what the factory GT2 EVO fenders look like.

Old 08-15-2020, 10:44 AM
mav10flight
Track Day

@OM

thanks , but after all the “auto” places I contacted sone of the places you listed and all of them could not do it.
They explain that my carpet piece ( app biz RS perlon ) was to tick !
but it’s the thinnest thing you could find
also they use sone machine with computer . To Do the embroidery The place a metallic square on your carpet piece where you want your logo . But they could not get that square or frame on the right spot . ITs impossible to move the frame lower than 5 inches from the edge of the piece .
the GT script is way farther !
i went to 5 or 6 places and send my carpet piece to 3 different place ( Florida , Utah and Georgia )

i m desperate ! Lol

Quick Reply: 993 turbo GT2 conversion