Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rounded front and rear flares on my 993S.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 11:29 PM
Gdub
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Rounded front and rear flares on my 993S.

We of course all have different reasons when we chose the porsche that we are driving today. When the 993 S with the split grill painted to match exterior color and than my favorite reason was the rounded front and rear fender flares not squared off is the fundamental change that said to me you should be a 993 owner all other good stuff added was gravey. Rounded fender flares on the 993 Turbo and the 993 S where what brought me to like this 911. Best looking rear end of any Porsche made today 2019.

Last edited by Gdub; 07-07-2019 at 10:30 AM. Reason: remove thread.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:42 PM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Received 220 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Gdub
We of course all have different reasons when we chose the porsche that we are driving today. When the 993 S with the split grill painted to match exterior color and than my favorite reason was the rounded front and rear fender flares not squared off is the fundamental change that said to me you should be a 993 owner all other good stuff added was gravey. Rounded fender flares on the 993 Turbo and the 993 S where what brought me to like this 911. Best looking rear end of any Porsche made today 2019.
Not too many people will argue that the 993 is a good looking car. Looks good from so many angles. I always admired the wider S. I'm also really liking the lighter sleek look of the narrow body cars these days.

Ive had mine for just a couple of months. I'm amazed at the number of young people that recognize the car as being special and comment.... and mine is just a pedestrian 95 C2.

I love the fact that the interior dash is carried over from much earlier models. It a very classy car to own.

I find Ind myself wanting to buy a second.
The following users liked this post:
nowata (07-09-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 09:30 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,536 Likes on 1,085 Posts
Default A Few Good Drivers

Famous Quote Professional Race Car driverNathan Roy Jessup :
"Non 993 owners can’t handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has cars, and those cars are powered by engines. The 993 has better looks than you can possibly fathom. You weep for a Prius and you curse the flat-six. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that a 993's saves the joy of driving and puts a smile on one's face; and my existence while grotesque, and incomprehensible, to you, will always drive 'em. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about on Twitter, you want me on those roads, you need me on those roads! We use words like apex, turn-in, and line. We use these words as the backbone of a challenging activity, you don't even know what they mean. I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself, to a man who rises and admires the look of my 993, and then questions its relevance in the modern world! I’d rather you just said "wow nice ride" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a 993 and drive the hell out of it. Either way, I don’t give a damn, what you think a car should be!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F...=youtu.be&t=11

Last edited by pp000830; 07-08-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:19 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by aircooledpurist

I find Ind myself wanting to buy a second.
Nothing wrong with that idea . . .
Old 07-09-2019, 02:08 PM
SpeedyC2
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by pp000830
Famous Quote Professional Race Car driverNathan Roy Jessup :
"Non 993 owners can’t handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has cars, and those cars are powered by engines. The 993 has better looks than you can possibly fathom. You weep for a Prius and you curse the flat-six. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that a 993's saves the joy of driving and puts a smile on one's face; and my existence while grotesque, and incomprehensible, to you, will always drive 'em. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about on Twitter, you want me on those roads, you need me on those roads! We use words like apex, turn-in, and line. We use these words as the backbone of a challenging activity, you don't even know what they mean. I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself, to a man who rises and admires the look of my 993, and then questions its relevance in the modern world! I’d rather you just said "wow nice ride" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a 993 and drive the hell out of it. Either way, I don’t give a damn, what you think a car should be!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F...=youtu.be&t=11
Nicely done....

Quick Reply: Rounded front and rear flares on my 993S.