Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake pad sensor came on

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 08:09 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

This looks pretty complete. Are you doing the job or having dealer do it? You will have to check everything over as you do the job. You may find other wear items that need doing. Check the lines but mine are original and still fine.
Be sure the caliper piston seals are all in good shape and pads wearing symetrically. Get some antisieze as was mentioned above for hub to rotor and the pin the pads slide on may need cleaning up. You should decide what brake fluid (for street sounds like so dont need super expensive) and consider a pressure bleeder to make the bleeding simpler one man job and something should be done every 2 years.

Bill

Originally Posted by GBX
here is what my local deal recommended. I plan to use my Indy and order parts myself but figured the dealer would give me everything possible to replace and i could cut back from there if necessary. This includes pads, rotors, sensors, assorted bolts, dampening panel something, vibration dampeners, etc. I'm of the mindset of doing this once so i don't mind buying and replacing some of these smaller parts. What does everyone think? Pads and rotors are obvious....not really sure about the rest. Are these parts and quantities correct and all needed for a full brake job?

Again, why can't Porsche just offer a kit.....would make life so much easier than ordering 42 parts in total for a brake job

Quick Reply: Brake pad sensor came on