Sponsored by:

New droplinks or swaybars for PSS9s

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech-Law
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New droplinks or swaybars for PSS9s

I'd like to replace my standard swaybars or at least the droplinks to permit me to lower my car a little more. I have the PSS9s.

The RS adjustables are too expensive.

Anyone have a suggestions as to my options? Preferably in increasing order of pain to my wallet...

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:38 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Try: http://www.theracersgroup.com/parts/...s/swaybars.htm

also do a search for "TRG" and "PSS9" and you should get some good info. From what I remember most liked, some found them squeeky and some did not have that problem. Good Luck.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:39 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 692 Likes on 492 Posts

I just ordered a set of TRG adjustable sway bars. Obviusly I don't have them on my car yet but if you do a search you will see that they are well thought of. The tech who is going to corner balance and align my car also had very good things to say about them as well. TRG also sells a set of rear drop links that allow the car to be lowered to RS height with the PSS9's. The whole setup is about $750.

Lots of sway bar info in the archives. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:46 PM
steve g
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

TRG sway bars & RS droplinks - all purchased from ViperBob. (no affiliation yadda yadda yadda) In 2 boxes in our living room along with the new PSS9s. Don't forget the front protection bar ! My wife will kill me if I don't install them soon.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:56 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Your search will reveal a few methods to effectively increase the drop length (ViperBob summarized these a few weeks ago). E.g. throw away one of the lock rings, mill down a bit of the drop link perch, or find a shorter drop link, etc.

If you go the TRG route (the pair of bars cost about $550), you have a few options for drop links:
- TRG drop links (dunno a thing about them)
- ViperBob's custom adjustable droplinks (currently they can't reach the innermost hole (rear only), but I think some curved droplinks are under development)
- Porsche RS drop links, for roughly $130. (I'm going this route but I haven't installed yet)
Old 02-12-2004, 02:09 AM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here is a pic of the TRG drop links and some of thier other components. Pretty nice stuff. The rears are a bit pricey when buying the mounting collars with them tho.

Old 02-12-2004, 03:32 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts

$300 for the rears with collars...beautiful stuff. The TRG bars are about $600 a set. 25mm front and I believe 22mm rear, maybe 23mm...their web site tells all. Also know that the TRG bars have bolt on collars aon either side of the bar to keep them from rattling back and forth, not welded collars. If I had to do it over, I would get the 993RS bars with drop links. It is Factory, and it is right on. I have the TRG set up. I justy have a problem with the bolt on collars!
Old 02-12-2004, 06:28 AM
ksjcorpus
Instructor

thanks martin for summarizing it
Old 02-12-2004, 09:46 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

I have the rear links from TRG and took them off. Very small spherical bearings.. Also, these did not allow me to get to the last hole on my sway bar. Typically, I do not like to use the extremes for adjustments on my sway bars so it was not as big of a deal to me. I just thought the bushings were too small.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:30 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Martin- Is there some advantage to bolt-on collars? Just cheaper? I'm wondering why I haven't heard on anyone here just tack welding the collars to the bar if the collars are a real concern.

Also, FWIW, my measurements indicate that the TRG bars are actually 1" (25.4mm) and 7/8" (22.2mm). I know, I know, I'm such an engineer...
Old 02-12-2004, 11:40 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Eric,

You just have too much time to play with your new toys... Get them on your car already and enjoy them there instead of in your living room...
Old 02-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Tech-Law
Pro

Good info guys. I may try thr TRG bars and the RS links. I don't want to destroy the ride since this is really a street car - I feel like the swaybars might play a major role in ride comfort. Any thoughts on the effects of stiffer/larger bars on the ride comfort?

TIA
Old 02-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally posted by Martin S.
I justy have a problem with the bolt on collars!
I was told by TRG and another source that the latest version of TRG's bars took care of the problem of loosening collars. Is this not true??
Old 02-13-2004, 12:20 AM
Pete K
Pro

My threaded collars locking rings keep coming loose on the rears. I tightend them up before Willows 2 weeks ago and mid day Saturday of last weekend one had come loose again. When I get a change to get the car up and the wheels off I will be figuring how to lockwire these.

Pete
Old 02-13-2004, 01:16 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Pete,

What bars do you have on your car?? I have installed dozens of TRG bars, and I run them myself with 600HP, Motons, and race tires and there has never been a single issue of the collars loosening or the bars walking on any car...

I even have my customers come back after a few weeks from a new suspension install just to make sure everything is fine.... With my customers I don't want to wait until there is a problem for them to come back... Of course it could be the weekend BBQs that has them returning....

Last edited by viperbob; 02-13-2004 at 10:39 AM.

Quick Reply: New droplinks or swaybars for PSS9s