Kudos to IRA Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Patentman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kudos to IRA Porsche

I needed the brackets and parts to mount a windstop to my 98 993 cab so
I called IRA Porsche and the Prosche parts person quoted me $128. I asked if there was a PCA or rennlist discount and he indicated there was and reduced the price to $86 and change. Not a bad discount, thanks IRA. I never delat with them before but after that I would again.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always found IRA to be very friendly and welcoming to Porsche people. They always have open houses were they let you take out new Porsches when they are first introduced. I drove a Boxster "S" and a 996 TT when they first came out and had a blast with one of their salesmen! Best wishes - Jay Gratton
Old 02-09-2004, 11:04 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

I, on the other hand, left two messages over the past 4 days for Tom Frizzle in service and have not had a call back. I'm simply trying to schedule an appointment. I hope he's just _very_ busy. He does leave his cell number on his voice mail greeting, but I feel uneasy calling him there.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:03 AM
tsjoel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 32 Posts

I sent them a price request for two parts and never heard from them. I then called and they remembered my request and still never replied???
Old 02-10-2004, 11:21 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems surprising to hear that! That is to bad that a few of you have had bad experiences. - Jay Gratton
Old 02-10-2004, 12:03 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Thank you for posting your comments and concerns about your experiences with Ira. I will discuss this with my parts and service managers, and we will work to make evertying a smoother process. Do not hesitate to let me know directly when concerns arise. I may not be able to address each concern, as I am only one sales person, I will do whatever I can.
Thanks
Old 02-10-2004, 12:04 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

BTW, you can email me directly at AlfieD@Iramotorgroup.com
Old 02-10-2004, 12:40 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Alfie, I spoke to Tom this morning and I might be bringing the car in at the end of March, depending on when the regional rep shows up.
I sympathise with what you do - I was at your _exact_ shoes at an Audi dealership for most of 2003. I was an internet sales manager and being involved with service and parts customers on behalf of the organization for the good of both sides is a thankless but important task.
So... Thanks!
Old 02-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

You're welcome. Glad you connected with Tom. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Ephraim
Addict
Rennlist Member

I bought my 996TT there and liked the way I was treated. I also thought my saleman followed up after the sale and was genuinely interested in how things were going.

My experience with service has been so-so. I have never, ever been able to reach Tom on the phone. I've always had to leave a voice mail. I've pretty consistently been put in a position of having to call up at 5 PM to find out my car isn't ready. No heads up call. If I have a rental it's not too much of a problem but in a few cases I needed to make arrangements for rides and that was pretty annoying.

I think the work done has been pretty good though. I appreciated the free rental (which never is the Boxer you get told about when you buy your new car) when I could take advantage of it. I was unimpressed with the body shop. A job they estimated at something like $300 turned into a $2000+ job when they got the car. I said "no thanks, don't do anything", took the car back, got stuck with $200 in "non-returnable" parts. The only thing I can think of is they thought it was an insurance job, which it wasn't. As it turned out I ended up getting the problem fixed elsewhere for under the original $300 estimate. This last experience soured me enough I haven't been back but it was not really the fault of the service guys. From what Mike S wrote it doesn't seem like it's gotten any easier to talk to Tom though.

Quick Reply: Kudos to IRA Porsche