Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 12:57 PM
territory145
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Cabriolet

Hi all,
I just purchased a 1998 Cab and would like to purchase a tonneau cover for the top when its down. The top on my car doesnt have any clips along the bottom of the convertible top, so my question is how do you snap on the tonneau cover. Sorry for the DUMB question, but I'm new to this car and would like to do things right.
Thanks,
Mitch
Old 03-19-2019, 12:24 PM
Richard Kent
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Cover I purchased years ago has tabs at the rear of the cover. To install you open the engine lid and the tabs slide underneath the open engine compartment lid and when you shut the lid it secures the rear of the cover in place. The middle section of the cover has velcro straps that loop around each door handle and the front of the cover goes over the windshield under the wiper blades. There are three additional velcro wraps one around each mirror and one around the wiper blades.
I'll try to find my purchase info.

If you are speaking of the factory Tonneau cover there are snaps at the very back ( three if I remember correctly. The side sections of the cover tucks inside the car and there is a single snap in the interior on each side. The front part of the cover has two snaps by the door opening. One on the side and one inside on top.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:43 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 358 Likes on 212 Posts

I believe you're speaking of the boot cover. It is odd that the convertible top didn't come with the Tenax fasteners. There are several shops here in Los Angeles that manufacturer the boot covers. I bought one made of heavy duty canvas for $350. The shop spent 45 minutes aligning the fasteners to fit my top. I would guess that a shop could also add the male end of the Tenax fasteners to you top.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:09 PM
jdoc1949
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice look
Old 03-19-2019, 02:50 PM
territory145
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Tonneau Cover

Thanks Richard Kent and Chuck W. you both answered my question and for that I am very grateful.
Thanks Again,
Mitch

Quick Reply: Cabriolet