Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Some 'nice' responses from Winward

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 06:51 PM
jhb
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at a pair of skis on ebay, and asked him to send me a photo of a minor blemish he claimed was on the ski. He said he would do it, but I never got the photo, and I never bid. The photo was more for proof he had the skis than my real interest in seeing the damage. Anything over 500.00 seems fair game for plagerizing

Funny we have developed similar Ebay "defense" mechanisms. I would shun anyone who would not comply to such a request, and certainly stay away from anyone who responded as Windward has.

If you are on ebay, as a buyer or seller, you know about the crooks, and you should not get offended by such a request from ANYONE!
Old 02-06-2004, 07:14 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by KatyTX
A little off topic, but would you believe I sent a $2,300 money order to a guy in South Korea for a Camera Lens bought on EBay and not only did he send it ASAP, but he said he would cover the $75 shipping since I used the Buy it now feature (this lens normally goes for $2,600).

Okay here's the shocking part, he sends me a xmas card 6 weeks ago and also included a little swiss army pocket knife. It sort of restored my faith in mankind after having a few bad experiences myself on EBay.

Nota, I think your requests were perectly reasonable.
WOW! That's remarkable.

Let's hear it for us Koreans!!
Old 02-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Eddy
Advanced

Ialso buy and sell on eaby, I figure Customer service is number one. If somebody complains I make them happy and refund 100% + shipping. I have got items that did not look as good as the pictures (just like Dennys menu) and let it go, purchasing used items is what they are. As everybody knows the pictures make almost any item on ebay look better than what it really is.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:00 AM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Windward sux bad, now they are trying to sell on ebay, soon they will have plenty bad feedback.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:40 AM
98993c2s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by ammo_collector
EBay is full of crooks, and sellers should know buyers are aware of that.
Substitute 'The world' for 'EBay'...whether it's selling something locally or not, buyers and sellers should use good judgement so as to prevent being scammed.

I've bought and sold a lot of things on ebay and have had the opportunity to be scammed (both ways) but have never actually taken a financial hit.

One buyer who bought a brand new computer complained that it was actually used...the issue was that he ordered memory with it, and I offered to install it and test (I didn't want to take a return if the memory was bad), an offer which he accepted...so I opened the box and installed the memory...he complained it had to be used because the packaging seal was broken (this was a recently introduced new model, not new, old-stock.) Rather than argue about it, and knowing I could find another buyer quite easily, I told him to return it and I would give him 100% refund. Rather than doing that, he ignores that offer and slanders me in his feedback comment, and proceeds to attempt to extort cash from me, even filing complaints with ebay (that were ultimately dismissed.)

The guy just wanted to see if I would give him money to shut up...even though his brand new computer was purchased for $400 less than market price...his story was completely fabricated (and I knew that because it was indeed a brand new computer...a computer reseller owed me money but couldn't pay in cash, so they gave me several Apple Titanium 15" Powerbooks in exchange. I sold them all on ebay but only had problems with this one sale.)

My policy is always to offer 100% refunds if there are any complaints, but even this doesn't always work.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:00 PM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nota - you are in the right, your request wasn't unreasonable. So your delivery isn't perfect, oh well. Not everyone can be Hemingway. Not like the guy has to sell them to you, right?

eBay is non stop with the scammers and this site is loaded with bad feedback for this clown.

Mike_W- car is currently in a million pieces...haha! About 900K. Anyhow if you don't hear from him in a month or two, I'm heading up there to see a buddy in Montepelier. Or maybe next week, I'm going to CT to pickup a rollbar, a little out of the way but I could hit the slopes for a day.

Andy
Old 02-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Andy, don't scare me like that. You better be nice to that car! Seriously if you are up that way please let me know. I would love to have you look in on my "friends" over at Windward. Mike
Old 02-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Mike_A
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

mike w.....i'll be seeing them in small claims court in about 4 weeks....i'll be sure to say hello for you....
Old 02-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mike-A, let me know how it goes, I may find myself going that route as well.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Mike_A
Addict
Rennlist Member

mike w, et al....i wonder if it might be worth a post (across the board) to collect all the complaints about this guy....collate them and send them to all the other boards, PCA regions, Pano, Excellence, etc.....think that might get his attention ?
Old 02-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Might be worth a try. My guess is they won't care since this is the way they do business.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Mike_A
Addict
Rennlist Member

i suppose you may be right....but this outfit must have some sense that by using the net (if it is done right), all the customers they once screwed would be exacting some "payment in kind".....i'll think about it some more after my court date.....
Old 02-09-2004, 01:28 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Why not send the posts to their local BBB? And, perhaps a DA office? And maybe Postal Inspector, since that is the most direct method of dealing with what amounts to mail fraud.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would imagine the State Attorney General would be interested as well.

Howard
98 C2 cab tip glacier white / black top
Old 02-09-2004, 04:22 PM
KatyTX
Advanced

WOW! That's remarkable.

Let's hear it for us Koreans!!

Nota,

My cousin is married to Shinja Park (she's the only Korean in the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame).

Needless to say I was playing that card with the Ebay Seller from So. Korea.

Quick Reply: Some 'nice' responses from Winward