Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Some 'nice' responses from Winward

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Banquo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately the State Attorney Generals office doesn't consider them a big enough problem to go after -- believe me I tried! This morning I ran into a guy at the local dealer who said he had written to Windward to let them know about this thread so we'll see if they have anything to say in their own defense. This guy also showed me an ad for a local attorney which uses the picture of Windwards hippie CEO from their old Excellence ads. Another person was listening in and said that he had called Windward about this over a year ago and was told that this person was not really their CEO - just an ad photo. Interesting considering I exchanged numerous emails with "Mr. Fowler."
Old 02-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech-Law
Pro

Talking

Marcus - you are paranoid freak! What are you... a lawyer?

Old 02-10-2004, 12:56 PM
Tech-Law
Pro

I drive to Vermont most weekends... would anyone like me to stop by and "visit" our friends?
Old 02-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tech-Law, I would love if you could stop in and say "Hi" to my good "Friends" there. Seriously if you are in the area see if you can find out what's going on over there. Since they will not talk to me mabe you could ask when I might get the PSS9s that I ordred and payed for 5 months ago. thanks Mike W
Old 02-10-2004, 04:25 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Nota, Your actions were justified! You never learn who people really are until they show you there teeth. I surely would'nt do business with that A Hole.

Boris, I see that you've never been burned on eBay. Consider yourself very lucky. Until you have been scamed, you will keep trusting strangers on the internet. I was once just like you, - before I got taken by two sellers on eBay! One was a scamer, the other seller in very good standing and thousands of positive feedback but who sold me an incoplete and damaged 993 part and later when confronted, swore that it was new & in perfect working order! He refused to give me a refund and eBay did'nt do anything useful about it!!!

After losing ~$3,000.00 later, I came to the very sober conclusion that there are NO Guarantees on eBay or similar auction. You cannot TRUST anyone with your hard earned $$$ on the internet without the real risk of losing it as I and many have learned the hard way!

Unfortunately, If I had discovered rennlist.com before these events, I'm pretty certain that I could have averted being scamed once but not by the second seller who I had successfully done prior business with.

Please, as the saying goes, "Buyer Beware"!

Good Luck to all of my fellow rennlisters!

Old 02-10-2004, 04:38 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 320 Posts

I still say the best protection is to use your credit card, whether for a direct pay or through PayPal. My credit card company was able to get my money back on items that were clearly not what they were advertised to be, even when PayPal stated that they "don't make evaluations of quality."

Mike W, I would have your bank do a charge back, assuming you paid with a cc. A five month wait, and they're not returning phone calls? That's BS.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mark, Unfortunatly I paid by check. I was in the process of refinancing my home and did not want to show more debt. Stupid move, at just the wrong time. Little did I know it would come back to bite me. no one to blame but myself.

Mike W
Old 02-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 320 Posts

Mike,

Aaagh. Sorry to hear that.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Mike_A
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

mark.....forget the credit card route.....mine (Citi) told me that once the merchant claims a "non-refundable" charge, they can't do anything more.....EVEN THOUGH I DIDN"T AUTHORIZE THE ORDER!!!.....
Old 02-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have just emailed the president of the PCA (Tom Bobbitt) about Windward. It might not be a bad idea if some of you who have been burned do the same. Mike W

Quick Reply: Some 'nice' responses from Winward