Sunroof delete project help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by gmorat
They ranged from $15-25k.

The problem is the body shop has gone deep silent. I'm thinking of selling the car and not buying a black one at this stage which is a shame as the interior has been redone completely and the car is as strong as an ox.

Should have been half done by now.

G
Oh man...communication is key. The car has been in the shop for just about 12 months. The shop owner was upfront with me at the beginning they take their time and they do a quality job. The shop has been slow but quality of work and communication has lived up to expectations. Just about finished up; been waiting for the paint to cure/gas out now going for full PPF install then final assembly completed by April/May.

The project grew as I saw the craftsmanship that was going into it. I made a decision to step it up...freshen up the interior (carpets, hardback sport seats, leather headliner, new seatbelts, ect) new euro bumpers, refinished wheels, brake caliper rebuild and on and on.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Achtung964
Any recommendations for a shop in SoCal?
DC Autocraft in Burbank did a superb job on my car. They removed spot welds, unfolded the drip rails and spotwelded a whole new roof skin sourced from Porsche in place. The skin goes down center of car from front cowl to leading edge of deck lid eliminating sunroof drain holes at upper corners of engine compartment.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:42 PM
Achtung964
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cupcar

DC Autocraft in Burbank did a superb job on my car. They removed spot welds, unfolded the drip rails and spotwelded a whole new roof skin sourced from Porsche in place. The skin goes down center of car from front cowl to leading edge of deck lid eliminating sunroof drain holes at upper corners of engine compartment.
Thanks. What was the ballpark cost for the project?
Old 02-12-2019, 02:02 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Achtung964
Thanks. What was the ballpark cost for the project?
Around 22K including complete repaint (no color change) and I supplied the new roof panel from Porsche. The car was completely disassembled trucked to them as a “roller” then trucked back home and reassembled by me which saved a lot of money.

Quick Reply: Sunroof delete project help.