Notices

Tiptronic shift knob help

Old 11-05-2018, 11:58 PM
grazingcow
User

Question Tiptronic shift **** help

So I removed my shift **** to re-dye it. after install the **** moves up and down and won't stay in place. The shaft has a groove around it possibly for a split ring to lock the **** in place but I can't find any info on this either through an assembly drawing or part search. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:40 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not sure about tip, but the regular **** has a rubber insert that keeps the **** tight on the shaft. That is for the integrated boot/****. For the separate pieces, like rotwood ****, there's a set screw below the **** itself.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:13 PM
Porsche-ah
User

Originally Posted by grazingcow View Post
So I removed my shift **** to re-dye it. after install the **** moves up and down and won't stay in place. The shaft has a groove around it possibly for a split ring to lock the **** in place but I can't find any info on this either through an assembly drawing or part search. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Don't remember there being any sort of ring to lock it in place. It was just press fit on.
When putting it back on you had to make sure the edges lined up or you can round out the plastic edges on the ****.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: