Sponsored by:

Spoiler switch works in reverse

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 11:31 PM
badabing
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Spoiler switch works in reverse

So I've been trying to get the motorized spoiler working on a recently acquired C2S.

First the motor and trans were both seized up. Those were replaced.

But now when I push down on the manual rocker switch the motor rotates in the direction to raise the wing and when I push up on the button the motor lowers the wing.

The micro switches seems to work correctly in that when I press down on the manual rocker switch to raise the wing until it contacts the micro switch when the wing is fully raised, pushing up on the manual rocker switch to (lower) does not do anything. And vice versa.

Moving on to the control module I noticed that a few of the wires were outside the harness plug and thus not plugged into the module. Namely the red/white (pin 12) and the Green (pin 8). I can only assume that the PO disconnected them so that the module didn't attempt to actuate the wing since the motor and trans were seized.

Anyway I put those wires/pins back in the harness connector but still the same backwards functions.

I have not driven the car since installing the replacement motor and trans so I do not know what happens when the car tries to raise the wing above 50 mph.

Any suggestions?
Old 11-06-2018, 02:26 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 259 Posts

I guess the control unit connector has been dismantled and wrongly put together again. The wires with pins easily falls out as soon as the lid is removed.
Red/White is the vehicle speed pulse signal, and green is the spoiler warning light output.
Here's the schematic, use this to check the wiring in the connector.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 11-07-2018, 11:23 PM
badabing
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks. The pins for 9 and 10 (which go to the switch) were reversed.

I had an oh sh@t moment when I put the connector back together and then nothing worked but went back to basics and found that somewhere along the way the 15 amp fuse blew.

Got that replaced and everything buttoned up and now it all works as it should including automatic functions.

That was a bit challenging. First motor seized. Then trans seized. Then someone botched the wiring. Then a blown fuse.

I'm pretty proud of myself for figuring all that out lol.

Quick Reply: Spoiler switch works in reverse