All I can say is WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Danny,
Sounds awesome. I hope to see it in person at Putnam this year. You will probably be moving those spring rates up once you get used to it.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK Kim...you beat me to bring up blus meanie !

Now, can you come up with a good 3.8 metaphor for red ??? Looks like I will need one in the not too distant future ;^0
Old 01-26-2004, 02:42 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

So "Blue Meanie" it is then Although I think when you see the front bumper forbidden words like " Nascar" comes to mind Robert said that my car looks very "industrial" with the home made nose job Well it works and it works very well indeed! The two major ducts bring tons of fresh air to the oil cooler, the engine never went over the 9 oclock mark all day... When I do the 2nd oil cooler its going to be perfect.

Greg you are right. I went with the recomendation of Kevin Buckler who I spoke with. I wanted to move to stiffer ones but he told me to get these ones, get used to the adjustability and behavior and then move to stiffer stuff. To be perfectly honest If i ever manage to turn the lap times Robert turned I will be perfectly happy as is because these times are perfectly competitive so i will have a ball racing the car... With Hoosiers, RS brakes and a bit more weight off the car I should be pretty competitive I think.

Jim your Project X car could be named "Red Menace" or "Red Bull" since the X factor goodies you are planning on doing will make it a very menacing car charging like a bull seeing the red flag waving
Old 01-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Re: The car that Rennlist built

Originally posted by kev
Thanks for letting me now be able to say that I've driven a 3.8
Yes, and what a mistake that was!
Old 01-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by DJF1
What was very interesting was seeing Matt's stock 993 car on the main straight and my car with Robert driving on the same group. Matt would exit the esses on 3rd, floor it on the exit and before the start finish line would upshift to 4th. You could hear the engine trying to find torque, obviously not on the sweet spot. Robert would exit flat out on 3rd upshift to 4th before the transition to the banked straight and at about the same spot as Matt upshift to 5th!!! You could hear the engine screaming on all gears and never loosing a beat on the upshifts... Such a difference...
Oh, sure, rub it in!
Old 01-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't worry, Matt -- you'll have the last laugh when you show up for the February DE in your new cup car!

... right?
Old 01-26-2004, 07:58 PM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jim - i vote for red bull as well.

Danny - thanks for the write up. very motivational - i hope my pockets deepen at some point for that upgrade.

Cheers,
Boris
Old 01-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Danny

It all sounds wonderful. I can just picture the grin that's on your face as you typed the report. Congratulations. (But write-ups like that in the dead of winter may cost many of us a lot of money come spring.

I do hope you and Robert make the long trek as Greg suggested to Putnam. I'd love to see the car, and I bet it will be an entirely different race for ya.

And it's great you guys got a Turtle Pond together down there.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:26 AM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Mike in Chi
But write-ups like that in the dead of winter may cost many of us a lot of money come spring.
LOL, better put those houses up for sale.
Reports on my GT2 conversion along with entirely new suspension, exhaust, Kenesis rims and tires should be up in 2-3 weeks .

Car should leave the bodyshop this week and will be heading to my performance shop for the custom header/straight pipe fabrication and suspension install.

Seems us Texas guys get to have fun all year round.

Any word on the HWFMR web page development?
Old 01-27-2004, 12:55 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Old 01-27-2004, 03:11 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by Mike in Chi
Danny

It all sounds wonderful. I can just picture the grin that's on your face as you typed the report. Congratulations. (But write-ups like that in the dead of winter may cost many of us a lot of money come spring.

I do hope you and Robert make the long trek as Greg suggested to Putnam. I'd love to see the car, and I bet it will be an entirely different race for ya.

And it's great you guys got a Turtle Pond together down there.
I'm commited to make the trek! I really like Putnam , if the dates fit I will be there for sure!
I hope Matt post a couple of pics of the turttle pond we had on the track!

I can imagine you guys itching to mod your cars, going through withdrawls all winter long.. It must be hard

Boris, just keep on looking for deals and when one comes grab it... I have seen some stuff coming and going really fast... Calculating retail money the cost if forbiding, if you catch the deals you can cut down your cost to less than half of retail pricing... I was not going to be in this stage of development , if you asked me last year I would laugh and say forget it. But the deals kept on coming, you heard the expression when it rains it pours, well one thing after another and knowing that when a deal comes it never comes again if you pass it along, I plunged, loaded my CC's , I'm broke but I have a huge grin on my face So... keep on looking!

Matt!!! Cup car???? I will be like GR... "Can I drove your car????"

Glen... what can I say... Hope to see ya at TWS....
Old 01-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 01-27-2004, 04:17 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Robert Henriksen
Don't worry, Matt -- you'll have the last laugh when you show up for the February DE in your new cup car!

... right?
Isn't this cup car for sale? Matt?
Attached Images  
Old 01-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

That's the one! It's got Matt's name all over it.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:19 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Silver Bullet
[B]Robert is right...here's the picture using a polarized filter....
Haha...funny.

To clarify, I'm not sure if this is the car, but there was an ad in the now defunct Rennlist classified for a "3-tone 993 cup in CT" and I assumed this was it.
Does anyone have the contact info from the ad? Thanks.

Quick Reply: All I can say is WOW!