Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Any 993 owners who love Jeeps out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 07:11 PM
Jim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 93 Grand Cherokee has over 150,000, yes the manifold needed replacing, front steering box went out. Fixed for the price of a 30,000 mile service on my C4S.

Nothing like a Jeep to get you where the nice trout live, and they live in nice places.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:45 AM
satchy
Track Day

Mine is a 2000 grand cherokee. It's the perfect complement to the 911. It goes in off-road. It goes in snow, and it does a decent commute, putting on miles I'd rather not waste doing in the porsche. It's the perfect second car for me.
Old 04-26-2002, 03:00 AM
Ian J
Intermediate

Ours is a 1998 Grand Cherokee with 65,000 miles to go with the 1994 993C2.

Very different ride of course but for expoloring Turkey and the Middle-east it can't be beaten. Ours has seen Georgia, Armenia, Syria, and Jordan and skirted the Iranian and Iraqi borders. All those places where a Porsche is less than practical (and I hate to think of the potential stones chips).

My wife loves the sound of the exhaust! I hate the fuel consumption .

Great combination of vehicles.
Old 04-26-2002, 03:56 AM
George Helser
Instructor

I repeat, I have a blast with my Jeep Cherokee off road. It is an off road vehicle (truck)
so I am not surprised it is a terd on the road.

The weirdest thing about my Jeep is there is NO tow hook and no likely place to attach a tow rope/chain to pull it out if it gets stuck!. This is unbelievable for an off road vehicle.
My Benz, all three Porsches I have owned and my girlfriend’s BMW all had a place at each end to attach a tow hook.

I have been researching this all week for my new Jeep. For pulling from the front end I have to remove the bumper, attach reinforced brackets, bolt on hooks and cut the front spoiler to put the bumper back on. To pull the Jeep from the back end I need to mount a Class 3 hitch and put an attachment on that.

I cannot understand why so many folks drive an off road vehicle only on the street and I am surprised Jeeps are built with no provision for attaching a tow hook.

Regards,
George
In sunny Arizona
Old 04-27-2002, 03:26 AM
George Helser
Instructor

Sorry if I offended anyone who drives a Sport Utility Vehicle (truck). They are great for going places a street car has never gone before. It is just that I have always enjoyed a responsive vehicle on the road and have always felt uncomfortable in vehicles which made me feel I was not in control.

It started 32 years ago. I just got my drivers license and had a choice of two cars to drive on errands for my parents. My mom’s station wagon was very powerful but I found it resisted my control. My dad’s Beetle had no power but was far more maneuverable and fairly predictable. I drove the Beetle when I had a choice.

At 18, I bought a worn out sports car and at 21 my first Porsche, a slightly used 914. I am happiest and feel safest on the road with highly maneuverable vehicles.

Regards,
George
In sunny Arizona

Quick Reply: OT: Any 993 owners who love Jeeps out there?