Sponsored by:

Michelin Sport Cups for AutoX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 09:35 PM
Buck
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Michelin Sport Cups for AutoX?

Anyone run the Sport Cups for autoX? I'm trying to decide which tires I'm going to run next season. I've been running Victoracers and am considering a change next year. Right now I'm leaning towards Hoosier autocrossers but if the Cups give similar performance and last longer (Hoosiers go away pretty quick) I'll give them a try.

Thoughts?

Also, anyone remember which issue of Pano has the tire tests? I scanned the article when I got the issue but hadn't decided to switch tires yet so I didn't study it as well as I should have.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:58 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Silver Bullet:
<strong>I'd be looking for tires that run best cold as you're never going to get them very hot in an autocross.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You can compensate for such differences by experimenting with the tire pressures. Here's some tire pressure FAQ from Michelin:

Old 10-30-2002, 10:00 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I tried them first tie this past weekend on local AutoX club's speedtrial (first, one warm up lap, then three timed laps) and I agree with Kim, they take time to warm up & grip ain't so good when they're cold.

Kim,

How about using F1 type tyre warmers when you're autocrossing? You'd look very cool & that would be another 'addition' to your warehouse!

Quick Reply: Michelin Sport Cups for AutoX?