Discontinued Tires Source?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 01:08 PM
NickC4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Discontinued Tires Source?

Anyone know of a dealer/distributor/oem who sells discontinued tires?

I am looking for some rear N2 P Zero Assimetricos and seem to be only abale to turn up N3.

Could be a market opportunity here, particularly with the alarming rate at which rear tires wear out ahead of the fronts!

Thanks, Nick
Old 01-09-2004, 01:14 PM
ecobb993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick,

Been looking for your car, but haven't seen it yet on my side of the neighborhood.

I bought a pair of discontinued Pirellis on tirerack.com which they delivered from two different warehouses across country (ending up in a slight price differential). But that was the only way I found to get a couple to match.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The PZero Asimmetrico N2 should not be discontinued. It was last installed on MY '98 993's as an OEM tire. There is a law in the US which requires tire manufacturers to maintain a supply of OEM tire for a certain number of years. I believe it is seven but it might be eight. Any Pirelli tire dealer should be able to special order the tire from Pirelli.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:45 PM
NickC4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Viken,

Thanks for the help.

It would seem to me that although the design is "discontinued" or superceeded, there must be a considerable number of people who still need the original version - N2, etc. - in situations where there is differential wear - front to rear - or a tire is damaged.

Called the tirerack - again - and asked the question about N2 P Zero Assimetricos. "Only N3 available."

Does anyone have any leads on "discontinued" N2's?

Here is a shot of my "big ovals" as a side-bar, if anyone way thinking about tips. Put these on about a month ago following some great rear end shots here on Rennlist.

Thanks, Nick
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Discontinued Tires Source?