Sponsored by:

Drive Cycle

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 06:06 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger520
Do the readiness codes on the durametric tool show readiness with car running or in ignition position 1?
Both!

Originally Posted by Ranger520
Have accomplished the drive cycle 4 times.
How do you know when to end a drive cycle and begin the next one? You are aware that an engine cool-down is required
between drive cycles without a Porsche tester, right?
Old 07-02-2020, 06:19 PM
Ranger520
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 22 Posts

I am letting the car cool overnight. When I start the drive cycle all is pass. About 8 minutes in the drive cycle says fail along with warm up cycle. But with car ignition on they all say pass. And the durametric only shows 5 things monitored. I’m assuming there are monitors within the “drive cycle” line. Any ideas?
Old 07-03-2020, 11:56 AM
Ranger520
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 22 Posts

I did the 5th and final drive cycle this morning and decided to return to emissions testing to see if the monitors were ready. Durametric said pass so I went. They were all reset but to be honest they may have been ready after the 2nd drive. The reason I was unsure is that during the cycle I left the durametric hooked up with laptop in passenger seat. After completing the cycle it would say fail on the “warm up cycle”, “drive cycle” and “trip completed” but when turned off and restarted it would indicate “pass” to all of them. I was tired of repeating the cycle so I took to retest and all good, all monitors ready. I was very pleased to have this burden lifted and can now focus on the fun stuff. Happy 4th to everyone!

Quick Reply: Drive Cycle