Sponsored by: DashLynx

Thanks to Jen and Gert.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 10:09 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Thanks to Jen and Gert.......

Well, Christmas has come and gone. The wrapping paper is picked up, the tree waits until New Years to be taken down - and I've spent a while in the garage installing a few new presents...

My thanks to Jen and Gert for making the presents under the tree more then special. Wrapped up were two new headlight lenses (my old ones were pretty bad), and Gert added his own gift of a beautiful protection bar. Even Jen's folks got into the act - with a bumper plug for the tow hook (mine didn't have one when I got the car).....

I've never bought anything from Gert, as I haven't had either a 993 or the money - but he came through for Jen in only a day or two from ordering to when the lenses arrived.. My thanks Gert (and Jen ).....

Anyway - after doing some more bodywork yesterday - and installing the lenses and bumper plug - the weather here in NH was outstanding. So, Jen and I went up the coast for short drive - and I packed my camera... Attached is a picture or two.....

My thanks also go put to all of you - just for all your support, encouragement and - well - answering a myriad of silly questions. I assure you - more are to come
Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2003, 10:10 PM
John D.
Banned

And another....
Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2003, 10:12 PM
John D.
Banned

Last one, just before the sun goes down....
Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2003, 10:12 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice, John!

One thing - on the drive down to the coast you got some kind of ugly blue/green/black thing stuck on the nose of the car. I'm sure with the right cleaning compounds & a little time you can get that off.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:19 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally posted by Robert Henriksen
....... you got some kind of ugly blue/green/black thing stuck on the nose of the car..........

Yep - I had to have that for the State Inspection - BUT - in private (aren't all my posts?? ) - I'll be losing it soon, and putting the "broken license plate holder" into my trunk with a "receipt" for a "replacement" - which of course, will never arrive )

I HATE THE FRONT plate!!!!

Best to you Robert!!!
Old 12-28-2003, 10:23 PM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Let me get this straight...

You never bought a thing from Gert and got a FPB from him as a gift....

while the rest of us have spent $$ with him and got.....???????
Old 12-28-2003, 10:30 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally posted by GJ

Great service, great products - and pricing in Euro's - which always wonder how much you have spent...

Seriously - Gert and I go way back, as he's been a Rennlist Member for how many years, and a Sponsor for over a year.. Frankly, I think it was his way of just saying "Thanks, John..." As for me - I appreciate the gesture, as much as I've appreciated several others who have assisted with the "re-construction" of my baby - from "un-frozen rotors" to "springs" to.. Well, you get the idea....

Old 12-28-2003, 10:31 PM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cool and congrats. Hope your enjoying it enough to cover for me while mine is in the shop

Originally posted by GJ

I'm pretty sure Rennlist serves as one of the greatest vehicles for people to find out about Gert. Just look at the 993 forum alone. Makes alot of sense to me.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:43 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally posted by poorb0yw
Cool and congrats. Hope your enjoying it enough to cover for me while mine is in the shop
"In the Shop"?? I have to tell you - your flare upgrade pictures/post had me pulling a "Walter Mitty", wondering what my 993 would look like and where to start.... Ummm - even the fasteners are things of beauty.....

If the rest are wondering what I'm referring to - go here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=104622

Absolutely beautiful upgrade.. Oh - if you make it up my way - you have a 993 to drive up the coast as well.....
Old 12-28-2003, 10:49 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by John D.
"Absolutely beautiful upgrade.. Oh - if you make it up my way - you have a 993 to drive up the coast as well.....
Sure, NOW you say that, with me just up the road in Portland!
Old 12-28-2003, 10:52 PM
John D.
Banned

You are in PORTLAND - MAINE????

Come on down!!!! I'm 45 minutes away... Are you serious???!!! It would be a pleasure!!!! How long will you be in the area??? You have an open invitation!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!
Old 12-28-2003, 10:54 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, shoot - how can I argue w. that? I have one full day left in town, then head back Tuesday morning. I'll send you a PM.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:55 PM
John D.
Banned

You got it.... I'll look for your PM - and let me know where/when to call you, OK???
Old 12-28-2003, 11:03 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 63 Likes on 25 Posts

Well everytime I look at your 993 the name "snowhite" comes in my mind! I think white is growing on me in 911's and for sure she is a thing of beauty...
Happy New Year to all and again many THANKS for everything!!! BTW John... I remember your predicament with Jen picking up your winter rims... I may have a set coming your way in a month or so... they are not in the best of shapes as they will come off my track car but I think they will do the job for your brutal winters to come . Please PM me your address and I will let you know when they are on your way

Again Happy Holidays to all and the VERY BEST for the New Year!

Old 12-28-2003, 11:19 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally posted by DJF1
Well everytime I look at your 993 the name "snowhite" comes in my mind! I think white is growing on me in 911's and for sure she is a thing of beauty...
Hey Danny...!

The only White 911 I had before this was my dedicated track car - a '73 tub built out as an RS clone with a 3.2, SC flares - and all the bells and whistles. As an everyday driver - the white 993 is fantastic, and in NH during the winter - travels in "stealth" mode pretty well

Seriously - the white is something I really like, but as with all colors - it's a personal thing..??

Originally posted by DJF1
....BTW John... I remember your predicament with Jen picking up your winter rims... I may have a set coming.........
Ummm - it's posts like yours that leave me a little "speechless".... I'm not sure what to say, except "THANK YOU"!!! Jen drove her car today - and her's looks outstanding with my extra set of cups on it. The likelihood I ever see them again are between 0% and 0% - so we were discussing how we could afford a set of track rims for my car...... Where you hidden in the rear seat or something???

Danny - my thanks.... More then you may know.....

Quick Reply: Thanks to Jen and Gert.......