Valentine One installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 07:18 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Valentine One installation

Hi, I not want to use the lighter socket for a power source. When I hard wire it after mounting it above my rear view mirror where should I run the wires in order to hide them and where is an easy place to hook up to power??
TIA
Steve
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2003, 07:35 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Below is the link to my post on how I installed my V1. I found a visor pouch and modified it to fit the V1 main unit, so it's hidden. It's hanging from the passenger visor and it just look like a normal visor pouch.

I tucked the wire behind the black rubber seal along the windshield, running from the visor to the left side(as you sit in the car) of the dash, then through the left a/c vent like the Gent in Robin's DIY p-car.com did.

I tapped the main power source from the sunroof switch. See the 5TH reply in the link below.

click for my install post >>>V1 install post

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 12-26-2003 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:35 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Steve,

I picked up an ignition switched 12 vdc source at the location shown in this DIY at Robin's site:

http://p-car.com/diy/v1/

I ran the factory hard wire cable under the dash above the passenger's feet and up through and along the dash near the far RH air vent. There are a couple of routes to follow that will make the cable invisible as you transition from under the dash to the side pillar area. A piece of copper magnet wire is a help to act as a "snake".

Then there is a tailor made disguise route along the inside of the rubber trim of the windshield up the RH windshield side pillar and along the top of the windshield to the area of the rear view mirror. I put a dab of clear silicone seal inside the rubber trim to keep the cable from pulling out at the end where it exits.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:37 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a thread from a couple of years ago detailing the V1 installs, including wiring, of a few of us. As detailed, I tapped into the switched power line into the radio & ran the wire to the above the mirror V1 unit from under the passenger's dash, up & behind the inside right side windshield moulding.

Old V1 installation thread.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:49 PM
Kristoffer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just follow Robin's DIY @ p-car.com on the 24th & it came out great!!! I should have done it long ago!!!

Quick Reply: Valentine One installation