PPI in AZ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 05:41 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PPI in AZ?

Anyone with suggestions on a good place for a PPI in the Scottsdale area?
Old 12-22-2003, 06:13 PM
fluid15

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

In north Tempe (along the south Scottsdale border) is Stuttgart Southwest. Contact: Jack 480-968-6764. If the car is located in North Scottsdale, I once had a PPI done at Zuffenhausen Motors. The guy's name is Ken but I don't have the phone number. Hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:22 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks, it does. How is the Porsche dealer in Scottsdale? Present owner is suggesting going there.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:53 PM
Michael Elmore
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would rate the local dealer (North Scottsdale Porsche) highly for a PPI or any service work. I trust my 993 with them with no problems to date.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:11 AM
hddude
Racer

Default If you're on a budget...

for future repairs I'd suggest Stuttgart SW. Jack and Joe are experienced Porsche mechanics -- they only service Porsches. They will take the time to discuss your situation and won't try to get in your pocketbook unnecessarily. I've had them talk me out of work that wasn't necessary on more than one occasion, something I haven't experienced often with any mechanic.

I have taken my two 911s to the dealership too, and they always done good work an dwere very nice to work with, but since they moved upscale last year -- North Scottsdale location -- they are geographically incompatible for me as well as rather pricey. Ask for Mark if you go there. He's a nice guy and their most experienced service rep.

I know there are other Porsche shops in the Valley, but I have no experience with them.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:36 AM
fluid15

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

hddude - you can copy your Post and paste into the correct thread. After that, simply click the icon in the lower-right corner of the thread you want to delete (the icon looks like a piece of paper with a pencil). At the top of the new screen there will be a small checkbox to delete it.

I too value the honesty of the guys over at Stuttgart SW, great bunch of people.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:09 AM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What part of the universe is this shop located? "Scottsdale"? "Valley"??? Give me a break!!!!!
Old 12-23-2003, 03:36 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

hddude,

Thanks for the input...

Who isn't on a budget?

Last edited by kkim; 12-23-2003 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:52 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just to update this thread... I just had a PPI done at Stuttgart SW. Worked with Jack and couldn't be happier with the service and prices. Great guys to work with there. Total for the PPI including a leakdown test and 6 new plugs to replace the ones they pulled (my request) to do the test was $214.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone who needs a PPI done in the Scottsdale/Tempe area.

Now... on to transport companies to get this car to Hawaii.

Aloha!
Old 01-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Michael Elmore
Advanced

Sorry Ray! We didn't mean to frustrate you!

To explain (if you're serious!), Phoenix proper is like Los Angeles. It is only the center "city" of a very large metropolitan area made up of surrounding smaller cities. If you look at a map of the PHX metro area and correlate it to the face of a clock, Scottsdale is at 1 and 2 o'clock (NE side). Great thing about Scottsdale is that we get 360 days of sunshine a year, so perfect Porsche weather! Also, as you drive north from downtown PHX, you pick up elevation gradually, but noticeably, because the city is for the most part in a "valley" and is roughly surrounded by mountain ranges.

So, Ray, there's your geography lesson for the day. (And please don't tell me you were just raggin' on us Zonies and really didn't want to hear my dissertation.)
Old 01-10-2004, 08:32 AM
Gary Perry
Intermediate

And "Valley" is the Valley of the Sun. Phoenix is in a valley and the Chamber of Commerce has referred the general area as the VOS since at least the 1920's.

Quick Reply: PPI in AZ?