Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

confused on which foot pedal set to get. Need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 04:27 PM
Shant Ohannessian
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default confused on which foot pedal set to get. Need some advice.

Rennline street or AJ USA competition pedal set? Which one would you get considering price factor.

Rennline has 20% off so the new sale price for the 4 piece is 140$ and for the Rennline 3 piece is 100$

AJ USA 3 piece is 125$ and the 4 piece is 169$

AJ USA doesnt charge shipping but charges tax.

Rennline charges shipping but no tax.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:36 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Shant..!

Not to add to your choices - I posted this earlier this month as a Rennlist Sponsor Special.. I'm not sure of the differences between all the sets? Here you go:

Originally posted by John D.
I'm pleased to offer the following Rennlist Sponsor Special from Road & Race for a limited time only: 911 Pedal covers - for 1965 through 1998 (911/964/993)

911 aluminum pedal covers. Light weight, durable and a terrific addition to both street and track cars. We have available a very limited supply! Perfect for your 911.

Rennlist Member Price: $109.00
To Order:
Road & Race Inc.
Phone - 323.660.7674
or email: msroadrace@msroadrace.com

Old 12-22-2003, 04:37 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I have the Rennline brake, clutch and dead pedals (throttle is a Wings Engineering adjustable one) and love them.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the Rennline 4-piece set on my Santa list because I liked black powder coat better than brushed aluminum. To me, pedals are as much aesthetic as functional (since the stock work fine) and someone elses opinion on looks means little to me.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:20 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I agree with Tom W . They are all about the same price, why not get the one YOU like the best. That said I have the tech art which I like the best!
Old 12-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Shant Ohannessian
Racer

Originally posted by John D.
Hey Shant..!

Not to add to your choices - I posted this earlier this month as a Rennlist Sponsor Special.. I'm not sure of the differences between all the sets? Here you go:
hey John! thanks i just bought it from Road and race
Had one question, isnt the Road and Race the same as AJ USA? they look exactly the same. Anyone know the difference?
Old 12-22-2003, 07:15 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Shant..!

Congrats! I dunno if it's the same - but I have to call Dave tomorrow about something - so I'll ask, OK??? They do look very similiar - though...!
Old 12-22-2003, 07:59 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shant
The R&R set looks like it's the same as that from AJ-USA. If so, I think you'll be quite happy with your choice. The AJ set is very well made, good grip & IMO the hinged gas pedal feels & looks better than the screwed down pedals.

BTW, the Road & Race website includes really useful parts diagrams for 1984 - 1997 Porsches.

Road & Race Parts Diagrams

Last edited by Dan 96C2 St.Louis; 12-28-2003 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:13 AM
KeithR3
Pro

I got the Rennlines. Very grippy!
Old 12-23-2003, 01:23 AM
kary993
Drifting

I have the same ones John posted. I believe they are the same as those from Aj-USA. I got them about 3 years ago and love them. Work well on the street and very well on the track. Excellent grip on racing shoes IMHO. Once you set up your pedal positions to fit your needs heel/toe'ing is very easy with these pedals. Good luck and have a great Holiday with your new pedals!
Old 12-24-2003, 09:47 PM
PWC
Instructor

I supported Gert! They have a holiday sale on now.
Old 12-25-2003, 12:06 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Thanks everyone for this informative and potentially money saving post. I was considering the same thing - new pedals to go with my new aluminum door sills.

Dan: that link you listed is broken for me on Road and Race. Anyone have the correct link?

If they're the same as the AJ USA pedals, I think I'll order them. How hard is the install? I'm not much of a DIY'er (duh!) and have practically no tools (no power tools). Also, does that special Rennlist price of $109 include the dead pedal? Probably not, right? Do MOST people get the dead pedal too?

I'm so used to my stock pedals.... would the AJ or R & R pedals feel a bit slippery for regular shoe/sneaker/non-track users? I wouldn't want to drive it barefoot in the summer with those aluminum pedals, that's for sure!

Anyone have pics they can post of the various pedals installed in their cars?

Steve

ps - my boring pedals below:
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2003, 11:13 AM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Steve,

You'd like the AJ-USA pedals and foot rest. I particularly like the complete replacement hinged throttle. Very nice quality. A couple of points....

- Get the dead pedal. If for no other reason than to save the carpet in that area from wearing through.

- I've driven my car bare foot a number of times and the grip is fine. Although I believe there is a statute in NYS about this. No kidding.

- Installation is basically getting the pedals lined up for the brake and clutch (cutting out a template helps) and drilling two holes for each pedal. It helps to use a straight edge to make sure the tops of the pedals are in line.

- Installing the throttle is easy, just bolts in. However, the ball joint on the back of the pedal is a PITA to pop out and in. On the new pedal, you can get around this by unscrewing the plastic ball joint mounting plate through the front of the pedal. You'll see what I mean. Also on the throttle install, you'll need to adjust the throttle cable linkage to obtain WOT after install, because the new pedal changes the "angle of attack". It's been a while since I did mine, but the new pedal either keeps you from getting WOT or will keep the pedal from hitting the stop on the floorboard, thereby stretching and maybe breaking the accelerator cable. I believe its the latter.

Steve, if you get the set, I'll be happy to talk you thru the install. I'll post a pic of my pedal set for you to eyeball.
Old 12-26-2003, 12:56 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 96C4S
Dan: that link you listed is broken for me on Road and Race. Anyone have the correct link?

How hard is the install? I'm not much of a DIY'er (duh!) and have practically no tools (no power tools).
Steve
I don't know why the R&R link I posted doesn't work for you. Anyway, you can try a cut & paste: http://msroadrace.com/Table%20of%20contents%20ALL.htm

Pedal installation requires some simple skill w/an electric drill & basic hand tools. If you don't have the tools & the ability, you may want to have them professionally installed. It's easy to install them cockeyed & you'll see your mistake every day
I had no need for throttle cable adjustment when I installed my AJ pedals a few years ago. OTOH, no WOT could be why I'm so slow on the track. LOL
Old 12-26-2003, 02:26 PM
Shant Ohannessian
Racer

I just installed my R&R pedal set. I cant get the ball joint to fit into the new plastic piece on the gas pedal Seems like it wont snap into place. I believe it goes in all the way and bottoms out but wont snap in and hold it in place. Anyone know the trick to this? Its as if the ball joint ball is too big for teh plastic hole.

Quick Reply: confused on which foot pedal set to get. Need some advice.