Turbo S front Air ducts, fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 04:19 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turbo S front Air ducts, fog lights

I have done some searches regarding the subject but need some input. Before I take the bumper off and install my extra oil cooler, I want to buy Turbo S front scoops with new lights. I have checked Carnewal and Better Bodies. Does anyone havde experience with Better Bodies and their projector lights in their Turbo S front air scoop. They are a little more $$ than Carnewal but Carnewal only has the positioning lights in their scoop. or is their any other company I should look at before buying.

Thanks in advance for everyones assistance.
Attached Images  
Old 12-18-2003, 04:33 PM
Steve Nagata
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Brad at BW motorsports or a techart dealer. The factory Turbo S lights are very weak and don't look as good as the formers.

I either like the BW morotports one or the Techart one. Price wise BW is much better. I think a few people have them on this board.

I currenly have the Techart ones on my car. I'll post a picutre later when I have the chance.

-Steve Nagata
Becoming a member soon =)
Old 12-18-2003, 05:41 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the MA Shaw piece. Great price, and a nice projector light. As with all MA Shaw pieces, also good quality...
Old 12-18-2003, 06:13 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BW Motorsports (Brad @ 618.622.0524) modifies oem Turbo S ducts by removing the low wattage positioning light & fabricating a mount for a Corvette (AFAIK) fog light w/a readily available (#894) 38W halogen bulb. The BW units are also sold by MA Shaw (Mike 714.730.6917). I think pricing from either source is the same. I bought mine from Mike Shaw who kindly gave a Rennlist discount. The fogs use a fixed mount w/o any adjustment ability. One of mine was aimed too low. Brad/Mike were responsive to the problem & were more than willing to exchange it, but it was already painted & not worth the bother of a return since I was able to do a bit of Dremel work to reaim it. Based on that experience, I suggest checking aim before prep & painting. BTW, as with most any fiberglass part, it will need some finishing work before it's painted. Otherwise, it's a perfect fit & yields a functional "real" fog light.

Rewiring is straight forward. I taped off & wire tied the oem parking light wires out of the way since they're no longer needed. The oem fog light wires are just spliced to the new unit's wires after cutting off the oem connector. Apart from the look, I seem to experience better oil cooler function at speed, although I note no change in AC performance. [Edit: after a few high air temp DEs I can report the duct yields a noticeable drop in oil temps as a result of, I assume, better airflow through the cooler].

The Techart unit is quite nice & also good quality. I think it gives a different look to the car (less menacing?), is quite a bit more expensive, & the fog aim is adjustable.

The authentic Turbo S duct positioning lights are useless, IMO.

Turbo S duct & fog light (removed)

Last edited by STLPCA; 07-23-2013 at 03:45 AM.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:08 AM
Pete K
Pro

Steve, I thought you had stolen my car for a second there. Looks nice.

Pete
Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2003, 09:03 AM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for all your help guys. I'll take you up on your advice.

pete, you need some color crests on your wheels and we could be twins, however my car is Arctic Silver.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:51 AM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

i bought the carnewal set, and had the 5w positioning lights replaced with piaa 35w xtremes . had it nicely done by RPM Racing . no pics yet, ( car's been out of the weather a few weeks) but i can tell you it looks good and lights are great.
j.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:00 PM
Kristoffer
Pro

I agree with Viperbob!! I have the one MASHAW sell on my car & I am very happy with them. I also ran a hose to my brake rotors for extra brake cooling!! I have picture on my site & the DIY of the brake cooling install is on p-car.com
Old 12-19-2003, 02:21 PM
Davies
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Kristoffer
I also ran a hose to my brake rotors for extra brake cooling!!
Oh man....I'm slowly putting aside funds for 18' wheels, M030 springs and now after looking at these pics, I want turbo S ducts too.

Does anybody have a DIY on running the turbo S duct hose into their wallet to cool it off??!!
Old 12-19-2003, 04:31 PM
GTR 993
Burning Brakes

I bought mine at Stuttgart Performance for $369.00 and replaced the lights with Pilot 55w driving lights that fit perfect. I don't remember the model number on the lights I could look it up if you wanted to do something like that. Here is a link to a pic: http://community.webshots.com/script...ecurity=ymYBSd
Old 12-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Pete K
Pro

So, Kim, how many mods have you put into your tow vehicle? I have to keep saying.... less money for the Porsche, less money for the Porsche...

Pete
Old 12-19-2003, 07:32 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But Kim, did you bulldoze the driveway yet so the trailer and truck will go up it? Mods to your landscape that are required because of car choices also count as mods.

Maybe you just need to buy a Bobcat. A 750 would be just the ticket.

Quick Reply: Turbo S front Air ducts, fog lights