Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABSTINENCE. the longest time away from your girl? (or guy)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 05:18 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question ABSTINENCE. the longest time away from your girl? (or guy)

was just curious... re: abstinence...
what's the longest time period you've had to endure away from driving your 993? (cold-store or not)

what do you do to cope... is it easy? or hard?

and maybe more important... what did/do you do when you took/take her out for the first new "run" of the season? is it like getting a new car again? or doing it for the first time?

cheers.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just went through this, as I was in Germany for 3 wks. Luckily, one of our local Porsche clique members babysat my 993 for me and kept her exercised. It was good timing too, as he just pulled the engine from his SC for overhaul, so he needed a P-car as much as mine needed a babysitter. While away, I managed to get my Porsche fix by visiting Zuffenhausen, Ruf and Gmuend. Arriving at Dulles last Sunday, it was a sight for sore eyes (and sound for sore ears) to have my 993 come roaring up to meet me.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Novice
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Angry It is so sad

I got my car 1st p-car (which I dream of owning for the last 30 years) a little over a month ago. But I have only driven her 5 times. and the longest trip was only 130 miles in a day. with top speed of no more than 90mph.

Now that we had a snow storm, and with all the constructions on I-95. there are so many loose pebbles everywhere. So have been riding the other mistresses instead.

I guess the longer I have to wait. the BETTER it is gonna get
Old 12-12-2003, 06:32 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Gerry where did you get your C4S?? I was looking at one
just like that awhile ago.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts
Talking

Well when I'm away for a while I go home and give'er a good throttling and get 'er lubed up again.......
Old 12-12-2003, 06:45 PM
Novice
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by OldGuy
Gerry where did you get your C4S?? I was looking at one
just like that awhile ago.
YUP. you are correct, you have seen it in person. If you look carefully at my avatar - it may ring a bell.

OMG. the fact that this topic is on ABSTINENCE and I you touched my babe. SHouldn't I be really mad here.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:02 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, from a slightly different perspective... I sold my 1974 911 targa in 1989, and lived in total celibacy (yes, that means I drove a minivan) until getting my present Turbo in December, 2002. So lets see... thats 13 years of doing without, and driving a minivan for most of that time. They just hardly don't come any hornier than a guy 13 years without a Porsche! Well, I had an affair with a 1960 Austin Healey 3000 in that period, and the Cobra relieved a little of the "tension", but nothing tops the Porsche.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:41 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Re: ABSTINENCE. the longest time away from your girl? (or guy)

Originally posted by 24FPS
was just curious... re: abstinence...
what's the longest time period you've had to endure away from driving your 993? (cold-store or not)

what do you do to cope... is it easy? or hard?

and maybe more important... what did/do you do when you took/take her out for the first new "run" of the season? is it like getting a new car again? or doing it for the first time?

cheers.
On a regular basis I'm away for 4 months at a time due to my job. The longest was 6 months... Yes it is VERY hard and yes it is like getting in a new car everytime! I Fire up that flat 6 and I get goose bumps everytime...
It is like falling in love all over again...
Old 12-12-2003, 10:07 PM
Philip in AL
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a hangover one morning.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:23 PM
24FPS
Drifting

lived in total celibacy (yes, that means I drove a minivan) until getting my present Turbo in December, 2002 -old fartus
from '89 to '02! you must have been like a monk hittin' the mustang ranch with a wad of $100 bills when you got the turbo! & i'm dreading being w/o my p-car for three weeks? ---i am not worthy.

Last edited by 24FPS; 12-13-2003 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:21 AM
Autobahn
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: It is so sad

Originally posted by Novice
I got my car 1st p-car (which I dream of owning for the last 30 years) a little over a month ago. But I have only driven her 5 times. and the longest trip was only 130 miles in a day. with top speed of no more than 90mph....
I don't get it!!! You've had your car for a month and you've only driven it 5 times?!?!?!?!... Why did you get it in the first place???
Old 12-13-2003, 12:41 AM
Novice
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Re: Re: It is so sad

Originally posted by Autobahn
I don't get it!!! You've had your car for a month and you've only driven it 5 times?!?!?!?!... Why did you get it in the first place???
stop teasing me Autobahn. I rather be drivng my lifted Jeep in the last week snow storm (total of over 25cm in 36 hours)

It is my so-called Garage-Queen (97 with < 12K miles) and I am fixing a couple of things. I had the center rear light off for over 3 weeks. btw a success DIY. I took apart the rear light (lense seperated from the housing), repaint the rusted metal around the rear lights and reassemble!

and I can't convince myself to get a set of snow tires.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:46 AM
SLVR
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't seen my car since Nov. 5 AARgh. :-( It's killing me. Car's sitting in Rotterdam till I can release it from customs, with luck after X-mas....
Old 12-13-2003, 12:46 AM
Chris - 97C2
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

I got rear-ended back about 8 months ago. It took 6 months (and $17k+ of the other guys insurance) to fix and another 2 months to sort out. I just tonight got it back after a roughly 8 month hiatus. It sucked and I am very happy to have her back in my garage!
Old 12-13-2003, 01:01 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've had my car since June and have driven it at least 5 times a week, every week. Well, two weeks ago I took it in for some minor paint work. Front splitters are scratched from too many scrapes on driveways, etc. This was a legacy from the previous owner. But then I had to add my own contribution. Summed up like this: stupidly used stock jack=bent rocker panel. A true Bozo move, if Bozo will allow me to steal this descriptor for my lame brained action.
I go to the garage and my cars not there! This just isn't right! The forum and some old mags with 993 road tests are getting me thru. Kinda. Not really.
I want my p-car back.
But I deserve being sentenced to a p-carless jail term for being so stupid to use the jack that came with the car.

prisoner #13

Quick Reply: ABSTINENCE. the longest time away from your girl? (or guy)