Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 12:15 AM
Skytop
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Shortslir:
Man! You 'gots' to loosen up!!!!
Yes, demon rust never sleeps but your drive home will not condemn your 'misunderstood' baby to an early rusting demise.
A good hosing down with special patient attention to the undercarriage and wheel arches will take care of all. I too had an "Alfa Romeo" Spyder )as I called it) back in the 70's and found it to be as you state. But, don't blame the car for the dealer's obscene markups these days. Beemer, MB, and now even Lexus are all charging big time numbers. Blame the unions, the health care system, lawyer's inflated settlements, inflation, whatever! The bottom line is that you've got a great car and after a few teething pains, you will be a real happy camper!
Old 12-09-2002, 12:22 AM
Skytop
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Shortslir:
Man! You 'gots' to loosen up!!!!
Yes, demon rust never sleeps but your drive home will not condemn your 'misunderstood' baby to an early rusting demise.
A good hosing down with special patient attention to the undercarriage and wheel arches will take care of all. I too had an "Alfa Romeo" Spyder )as I called it) back in the 70's and found it to be as you state. But, don't blame the car for the dealer's obscene markups these days. Beemer, MB, and now even Lexus are all charging big time numbers. Blame the unions, the health care system, lawyer's inflated settlements, inflation, whatever! The bottom line is that you've got a great car and after a few teething pains, you will be a real happy camper!

Quick Reply: salt paranoia in the northeast