Should I lower my car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 04:47 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally posted by John D.
Yep - I did notice your picture earlier, and was wondering where you got accelerator pedal extension - as it's exactly what I want!!! Thanks for the input and advice..!!!
John,
Just do like what some race teams do. Get some wood and build the pedal up. I have seen it on a TRG car and many others, IIRC. The Wings pedal is nice and I have it on the race car. No ankle rolling necessary.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:10 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Greg, from what I understand, you are correct. M033 springs will bring the car down to ROW ride height without the added harshness of the sport suspension (M030). It is at this point that many change the OEM shocks (to a Bilstein HD for example) becuase they apparently don't last.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:25 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,891 Likes on 2,410 Posts

cp: pin's car is at RS height and my is at about 10mm above RS. we both have evo uprights and turbo tie rod to deal with bump steer issues. so if you do decide to lower it, you may want to consider that as well.

regarding heel/toe. on my 996, the loud pedal is much higher compared to the 993 (in relation to their respective brake pedal of course). i H/T by pivoting my foot so that only the ball of foot is on brk and heel on throttle as opposed to useing the right side of foot on throttle. i can H/T at well at just about any speed on the 996. it took me a while to do that on 993 b/c the gas is much lower than brk pedal. however, with more mileage on your RUF, i think you will get used to it. also, 993's brake if properly bled is much stiffer than any other cars i have had, so unless you are braking really hard, it's not easy to blip b/c the brk is still high up compared to the low gas pedal unless you pivot your foot like i am accustomed to do. does this make any sense at all?

Quick Reply: Should I lower my car?