Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why the passion for Porsche? I don't Get It!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Statements IMHO below apply to the air cooled Porsche crowd:

1) You have to be a bit of a "gearhead" to fit the Porsche mold. If you can't imagine whats *happening* in the running gear as you drive along, a Porsche is not for you.

2) You have to really like to drive and understand and appreciate the Porsche handling quirks or a Porsche is not for you.

3) I think you have want to appreciate the history of what you are driving, many Porsche drivers know the races won and lost by Porsche, the names of engineers who work at Porsche and what's on their mind when they design the cars. If you don't care about the human side of who designed your car a Porsche is not for you.

4) If you never liked to work on your car yourself, a Porsche is not for you.

If your automotive experience tends to driving around with top down, listening to the stereo wondering who is looking at you and you have never even changed a flat tire a Porsche is not for you, any stylish convertible will do.

If, on the other hand, you are not even noticing who is watching, don't care if the top is up or down and have the radio off while throttle steering around a freeway on ramp wondering if your tire pressures are right and how things would be if the gear you are in was changed a tooth...then a Porsche is for you.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:12 PM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MIKE W,

You head over to here, I head over to the USA, how does that sound?????

Quick Reply: Why the passion for Porsche? I don't Get It!!