Sponsored by:

Nano coating?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 12:17 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Tlaloc75
What do you think of the Collinite No 476 Wax? It says it uses both carnauba and synthetic and lasts for a year. Is it similar or as good as the nano treatments being discussed?
I used Collinite products for many years, with acceptable results.
No.845 insulator wax
No. 840 pre wax cleaner

I have not tried the newer formulations.

I have used Rejex from US Corrosion Tech for the last 5 years or so, and really like it. Super easy to apply, and remove...and seems to last. Relatively inexpensive too.

The No. 840 pre wax cleaner now carries a label warning, that it is not for use on dark clear coats. It can, and will scratch the finish.

I find that the Rejex cleans, as well as it protects.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:04 PM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
No.845 insulator wax
No. 840 pre wax cleaner

I have used Rejex from US Corrosion Tech for the last 5 years or so, and really like it. Super easy to apply, and remove...and seems to last. Relatively inexpensive too.

The No. 840 pre wax cleaner now carries a label warning, that it is not for use on dark clear coats. It can, and will scratch the finish.

rejex was all the shizz on these boards 5-10 years ago. what's the current thinking on it here?
Old 09-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Tlaloc75
Three Wheelin'

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
No.845 insulator wax
No. 840 pre wax cleaner

Which rejex product do you use?
Old 09-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 352 Posts
Smile CQUARTZ

My car has CQUARTZ (CarPro) coating...I bought it that way. I have no idea the cost, the ease/difficulty of application, or whether it's worth ???

Interested to know what you think?

http://cquartz.com/product/cquartz-professional/
Old 09-09-2017, 02:30 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Tlaloc75
Which rejex product do you use?
This
Attached Images  
Old 09-09-2017, 03:14 PM
Van Larson
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 113 Posts

FWIW and having used Rejex, Zaino, Sonax, and more (like most everyone here I'd guess), I have been lazy and using Ducora F11 Topcoat. Multiple uses and am impressed for a non ceramic product. 15 minutes to do entire car and environmentally friendly. $$ but doesn't take much. Your experience may vary.
Old 09-09-2017, 04:44 PM
mpruden
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Interesting. I still use Klasse AIO and SG. I think that stuff as been around since the 70s. I guess it's time to try something new once I run out.

Rejex. Will have to give it a shot. 's/j/g/'
Old 09-09-2017, 05:36 PM
rlme36
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mpruden
Interesting. I still use Klasse AIO and SG. I think that stuff as been around since the 70s. I guess it's time to try something new once I run out. Rejex. Will have to give it a shot. 's/j/g/'
Same here. Klasse using AIO and SG that I top with a carnuba wax. I have Rejex and I've used it o wheels mainly as it seems to work well for that, didn't even think to try for the body.

I've seen crystal serum on a car recently and it looks really good as well. I've just heard if you need any paint work done that the ceramic coatings add complication to it.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:48 PM
DiabloBlanco
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just booked my appointment for the high end package, including the wheels and interior. Heck, added my wife's car too. Will send some photos (if the folks will take them for me).
Old 09-09-2017, 10:48 PM
sacman
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by mpruden
Interesting. I still use Klasse AIO and SG. I think that stuff as been around since the 70s. I guess it's time to try something new once I run out.

Rejex. Will have to give it a shot. 's/j/g/'
I've been using Klasse for years with great results.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts

I've always been a DIY detailer. I've tried Sonax, Collinite, Meguires, Menzerna, Adams, Griots, Geyon and most recently AMMO products. Last year I applied AMMO reflex topped off with two coats of skin and was very happy. It looked good with minimal hand washes throughout the year and one addition coat of Skin after 6 months. Still holding up ok. At the same time I started using AMMO a friend had the ceramic pro PCA package (which comes with some kind of warranty) installed on his car and truth be told over a year later it still looks like it was just done, amazing. He has not one swirl mark on the car after almost a year of frequent hand washes and a lot of driving. No matter what you choose the biggest difference maker is often the person who applies it and how you maintain it.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:40 AM
ehanauer
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

I've been using Rejex about 3 years. It doesn't have the deep shine of some other products but on a silver car it doesn't matter. After 6 months the water still beads as if it was applied yesterday. Also makes wheels much easier to clean.

Quick Reply: Nano coating?