Slight sputter from muffler at end downward rev

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 10:04 PM
Labatt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Slight sputter from muffler at end downward rev

Hey All -

Is this normal? Sitting still, I rev the engine a bit (doesn't matter if I rev it 1k or more - any amount has the same result). When the revs return to idle, a sputtering sound comes from both exhausts for approximately 0.5 seconds or so. It's not a rough idle - it idles wonderfully. Just that sputter noise after each rev. I don't recall it being there before... I'd search the archives, but I don't even know where to begin with this one...

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Labatt
Instructor

By the way, there is no associated dip or increase in revs when this occurs - just the sound out of both exhausts.
Old 06-14-2003, 10:27 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
Its one of the things I LOVE about the 993 engine. Its more evident as the car warms up and even better with th RSR mufflers! When I'm at home I put the top down and enjoy the sounds and smell!

Perfectly normal BTW...
Old 06-15-2003, 01:44 AM
Labatt
Instructor

Good to hear.. perhaps it was amplified in my garage today since I had one of the garage doors closed and it's usually open... It sounds a little strange and I didn't recall hearing it before.

Someone asked me the other day why it sounds like my car is backfiring some at idle. My answer was "art".

The RSRs are the first thing on my mod list. Well, maybe the turbo twists are first. Oh wait... the stealth V1 is first, right after the airbox drilling, which I'll do after I send the car out to get lowered... grrr..
Old 06-15-2003, 08:11 PM
944S2NUT
Drifting

Hey Labatt are you interested in selling those wheels on your 993 if you get twists?? If its a good price I am interested.

Quick Reply: Slight sputter from muffler at end downward rev