Nice Car!
:-)
Old 12-01-2003, 12:10 AM
superpat
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: alright pat!

Originally posted by 24FPS
any adjustment problems to driving on the other side of the road & shifting w/ the opposite hand?? i know in the uk i had near mental break downs when i had to make a turn @ an intersection.
It's not been too bad - I've spent about 6 months of the past 2 years in CA on business, mostly in automatic rental cars (Cavaliers, Aleros - the horror! ), so I've got the 'other side of the road' thing sorted. I rented a Renault Clio in France earlier this year - that was the first time I'd driven a manual left-hand drive car. TWICE I put my right foot on the brake and tried to shift it into reverse. Very embarrassing, especially with 3 colleagues in the car

So far, I've managed to avoid this in the 993...

Cheers,

Pat
Old 12-01-2003, 12:15 AM
superpat
Advanced

Originally posted by Eric86Red911
Congrats Pat, and WELCOME to the 1996 C4 Cab club. We're an exclusive bunch and glad you're with us. What colors and options do you have? LET'S HEAR MORE! If you haven't already, look at the option list (on the front trunk lid underside) and check out the list of options that's online somewhere. (sorry don't have the url but it's posted here all the time so a search will find it) I learned some interesting stuff about my car that way.
OK Eric...

Option codes decode as follows (thanks to Charlie Kindel's options decoder):

437 Comfort seat left
445 Wheel Rim Caps with Porsche Crest
454 Automatic speed control
490 Hi-Fi sound system
688 Radio cd CDR210
C02 Equipped with catalytic converter

Nothing too exciting - my last car had the sound processing pack and sport seats.

Hood is black, Paint code is L741 (simply 'Black'). Interior code is PJ - can't find this anywhere, but I think it's Marble Gray, although I guess it could be Classic Gray.

Oh, and a previous owner had Euro springs fitted, so the ride height is a bit lower than the standard SUV level...

Cheers,

Pat
Old 12-01-2003, 05:21 PM
waybrig
Instructor

Pat,

That's quite the rare combo you've got there. I've only seen one other black/grey 993 cab (besides my own) and never a C4. Take good care of her!

Old 12-01-2003, 05:24 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick Reply: FINALLY got my '96 C4 Cab!!!