Sponsored by:

Visit to Alex Job Racing (picts)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 10:15 AM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 140 Posts
Talking Visit to Alex Job Racing (picts)

The local PCA organized a visit to AJR this week end, here are some photos:

That's a Dyno across the road with a 2.5 911 engine doing 300 hp and 210 lb/ft at 8000 rpm ;-)
Can you say screamer ?

The ALMS 2003 champion car ! I mean winner, not "Champion, the team", those now race Audis ;-)

You might remember that one, it's got history and victories. It's also for sale, oh, $130K I think !

That one met the guardrail and lost ;-)

Last edited by Greg D.; 11-24-2003 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:40 AM
Ben in Plano, TX
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't that last car the one the idiot Olive Garden Ferrari driver nailed when he pulled back onto the track after a spin?

That was one of the most brain dead things I've seen from a 'pro' driver in a while.

The team ended up doing 2 pit stops to attach a temporary door to the 911 so it could continue racing - they were successful as I recall.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:47 AM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 140 Posts
Default Probably !

Possibly... I didn't see that race... Looks painful ;-)
Here's a better shot !

Funny thing too, they had a tape of the ENTIRE race from the roof cam - I never thought of that 'cause they only show you brief moments on TV, but to see the entire race that way is very cool. I was riveted to the mini TV watching this angle for 30 minutes ;-)
Old 11-24-2003, 10:59 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally posted by Ben in Plano, TX
Isn't that last car the one the idiot Olive Garden Ferrari driver nailed when he pulled back onto the track after a spin?

That was one of the most brain dead things I've seen from a 'pro' driver in a while.

The team ended up doing 2 pit stops to attach a temporary door to the 911 so it could continue racing - they were successful as I recall.
No, the wrecked car in the picture was from LeMans. They teamed up with another team to run.

The car wrecked at the Petit by the Ferrari was in their normal livery and driven by Luhr and Massen. I agree it was a dumb move.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:45 PM
techno99
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope. Car 24 was T-boned by the Olive Garden Maranello at Petite LeMans. 6" forward or back and their day would have been done. They went on to claim a GT victory and finish second in the standings. The car Job ran with Peterson at LeMans was not at the shop.

Quick Reply: Visit to Alex Job Racing (picts)