Sponsored by:

50 Shades of Grey on the 992.2 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2024 | 08:21 PM
mat911t
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Carlinhos
Yes, I have the same doubt.. I have chosen GT Silver in 992.2 GTS
Still hesitating also between Vanadium and GT silver. From what my dealer told me, my production date is set up for March. I still have some time to decide and change my mind once again
Old 09-27-2024 | 12:00 AM
guards85
Advanced

Originally Posted by mat911t
Still hesitating also between Vanadium and GT silver. From what my dealer told me, my production date is set up for March. I still have some time to decide and change my mind once again
If you're hesitating, GT Silver is a great (safe) choice. You will never tire of it, and resale is very strong. It's a classic color with good reason.
The following 2 users liked this post by guards85:
Fixinbones (10-01-2024), txpackers (09-28-2024)
Old 09-27-2024 | 01:15 AM
mat911t
Cruisin'

I know it's a very safe choice. I already have a 993 4S in Artic Silver, they would almost match.
But I was thinking going to a more blueish grey. And so far, all the 992.2 in vanadium I saw online look great.

If I choose Vanadium I think I'll have to repaint the wheels. I don't like dark wheels especially with a dark color. I love the RS but in anthracite, I'm not sure. Too bad we can't choose the regular RS for the GTS.
Old 09-27-2024 | 01:05 PM
guards85
Advanced

Originally Posted by mat911t
I know it's a very safe choice. I already have a 993 4S in Artic Silver, they would almost match.
But I was thinking going to a more blueish grey. And so far, all the 992.2 in vanadium I saw online look great.

If I choose Vanadium I think I'll have to repaint the wheels. I don't like dark wheels especially with a dark color. I love the RS but in anthracite, I'm not sure. Too bad we can't choose the regular RS for the GTS.
I was disappointed with the color choice in wheels for the GTS. I like the CL wheels but would have preferred something other than black but they will contrast nicely against my car in IGM. I personally don't like the black CL's with most of the darker colors.

Back to your color dilemma, I got a late 992.1 allocation and Vanadium was not available on the .1 model. Were it available on the .1 there is a good chance I may have gone that route as I liked the color as soon as I saw it on the configurator. Personally, between GT and Vanadium, I would go Vanadium all day. There are so many GT silver cars out there, I'd want something a bit different. I've not seen the color in person, but as far as grey's go, it's the blueish hue (at least to my eyes) I really like in Vanadium (vs Brown in Agate Grey).
Old 09-27-2024 | 01:34 PM
JoshuaKM1
Rennlist Member

@mat911t Your new 992 is so sick. Amazing to see these production photos. Do they send the photos during the build process or do you just get a batch of photos at the end? Definitely share your build code I would love to see how you optioned it out.
Old 09-27-2024 | 01:37 PM
PorscheRetrofits
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JoshuaKM1
Hey everyone,

I'm currently torn between ice grey metallic, vandium grey metallic, and slate grey neo on my 992.2 GTS build. Just curious of anyone else is deciding between these colors and if any particular photos swayed you in one direction or the other (or if you've seen any of these colors in person). I was originally going to go with GT silver but I think this might be too much of a "safe choice." That said, if I can't make a decision between the grey options I'll probably go with GT silver lol.
I ordered my GTS in Slate Grey Neo with the Gloss Black Package, and I opted for the Gloss Black Window Trims and Door Handles as well. My order was finalized on Monday, and the build is scheduled for October.

I’m very satisfied with my choices and wouldn’t have changed anything before the build was locked.

I would recommend going for one of the new colors—either Vanadium Grey Metallic or Slate Grey Neo. I recently saw Vanadium Grey in person, and it looks stunning!

Forget, GT Silver and Ice Gray they are very safe choices, have been out for a while and over used on all the Porsche lineups.
Old 09-27-2024 | 02:13 PM
JoshuaKM1
Rennlist Member

@PorscheRetrofits great advice. Were there any photos that swayed you towards slate grey neo over vandium? Would you mind sharing your build or build code? Thanks!
Old 09-27-2024 | 04:38 PM
mat911t
Cruisin'

@mat911t Your new 992 is so sick. Amazing to see these production photos. Do they send the photos during the build process or do you just get a batch of photos at the end? Definitely share your build code I would love to see how you optioned it out.
This one is not mine, it's @darthm8 one.
This would be mine : https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSIWR5T5 with a production around march.

@PorscheRetrofits Instead of having the front black package, I will paint the part of the front bumper in the color of the car. Once again, possible on the basic model, but only in black on the GTS. To my mind, the higher you go in the range, the more option you should be able to have. And not going backwards.
Old 09-27-2024 | 04:44 PM
Hunky
Pro

GT Silver!
Old 09-27-2024 | 04:47 PM
darthm8
Intermediate

I believe this is the right code for mine. I had a couple bookmarked while playing around and we made a couple small tweaks at the dealer: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSNNVMH6
The following users liked this post:
JoshuaKM1 (09-27-2024)
Old 09-27-2024 | 06:19 PM
JoshuaKM1
Rennlist Member

Found a nice German video showing a 992.2 base in Vandium Grey. Curious to get people's thoughts.

Jeff Whitten (09-28-2024)
Old 09-27-2024 | 07:41 PM
Hunky
Pro

Found a nice German video showing a 992.2 base in Vandium Grey. Curious to get people's thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcYWKAkxEvE
Vanadium Gray looks great in the video, nice lookin broad too.
Old 09-28-2024 | 04:59 AM
PorscheRetrofits
Intermediate

@PorscheRetrofits great advice. Were there any photos that swayed you towards slate grey neo over vandium? Would you mind sharing your build or build code? Thanks!
Here is my build code: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS3RPDE9

I first saw Vanadium Grey on the Spyder RS and wasn’t sure how it would look on the 992. However, when I finally saw it on the 992.2, it looked amazing.

I chose Slate Grey for the following reasons:

1-It’s a completely new color, so I won’t see it often on other 992s.
2-The way it shifts shades under different lighting is stunning; in all the videos and photos I’ve seen, it looked uniquely different every time.
3-It looks great with the all-black accents, which is the theme I want for my car. Additionally, it complements red brake calipers and carbon fiber accessories. (I plan to add some red accents to the exterior as well.)
4-It has a rich history with Porsche, along with its different variants.
5-I believe this color could become a Paint-to-Sample (PTS) option next year or the year after, adding to its exclusivity.

JoshuaKM1 (09-28-2024)
Old 09-29-2024 | 10:43 AM
guards85
Advanced

Originally Posted by PorscheRetrofits
I ordered my GTS in Slate Grey Neo with the Gloss Black Package, and I opted for the Gloss Black Window Trims and Door Handles as well. My order was finalized on Monday, and the build is scheduled for October.

I’m very satisfied with my choices and wouldn’t have changed anything before the build was locked.

I would recommend going for one of the new colors—either Vanadium Grey Metallic or Slate Grey Neo. I recently saw Vanadium Grey in person, and it looks stunning!

Forget, GT Silver and Ice Gray they are very safe choices, have been out for a while and over used on all the Porsche lineups.
All variants of silver, grey, white paint are 'safe' colors. The opposite would be true of Ruby Star Neo, Shark Blue, Python Green, Lava Orange..etc. As far as exclusivity across the Porsche lineup, have you seen the selections for the Panamera GTS---Carmine Red, Lugano Blue, IGM, Gentian, Aventurine Green (now PTS 911), and Slate Grey Neo among many others. 911 standard palette is a joke at the price point, and believe they are nudging folks closer to PTS as we move along. Enthusiasts aside, few will look at our cars and spend more than a few seconds trying to discern the specific hues in a grey or white paint that make Slate Grey Neo different than Vanadium as an example---ie most will interpret them as grey cars or as the title of this thread states a shade of grey.
JoshuaKM1 (09-29-2024)
Old 09-30-2024 | 08:54 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by darthm8
Here are my production pics of vanadium. The paint sample just isn’t as good at the dealership.
Paint sample decks at the dealerships are useless. They don't even come close to what the paint colors look like irl.
guards85 (09-30-2024)

Quick Reply: 50 Shades of Grey on the 992.2 GTS